+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 23 and really going down

Hi all,

i am a 23 year old dude from Germany.
    My loss of hair seems to be the worst i have seen in this community.
    Like so many of you my confidence is starting to fall as fast as my hair.
    It is hitting me more than ever and i am going bald fast.

I have never tried any of the medication before. If you look at the pics, you will probably see that its to late.

Lucky for me is the fact, that my head does not look like an egg.
    Man, i just used to love the way i look. Not three years ago my hair was thick
    and full like one of those pics in a barber shop. And now its kinda like a bush without leaves. I tell ya, if i go swimming there is holes everywhere. And then the sun and the wind hit the hair and they go flying.

Now to my family.
    Dad= Bald, started round about 30.
    Grandad= Bald, started at the end of his 20s
    Oncles= Bald, all of them

I have no chance!!!!

But the key factor what i hate. My brother is two years older then me and has a head covered with hair. He doesent even know where to put it.
    How can that be?

That is just not fair.

If you have anything to say about my sad situation, feel free.
    I know there is many guys out there with simular problems.
    Man, this musst power up every other man my age with hair loss.
    I am a really bad case.

There is only two things i can do

1. Transplant (too much money, no garanteed good result)
    2. Shave the basterds and live with it.

Please excuse my bad english.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto0071.jpg

Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	6249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto0072.jpg

Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	6250  

You look like a great candidate for treatment, actually. It's not that bad.

Look into getting some Propecia/Proscar. Take it for 6-12 months, I bet that top looks at least the same if not better. You should also add in Nizoral shampoo, 3 times a week or so. Let that shampoo soak in for the duration of your shower.

If in a years time, you don't have the results you want - try some minoxidil along with your other treatments.

I see results all over the internet using this plan. It seems to work. They say that temples can't be regrown, but with this plan you should be able to halt/slow temple loss at worst, and there actually is a chance to regrow some.

Don't sweat it, don't shave it - just treat it.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by drady1on1 View Post
    Hi all,

i am a 23 year old dude from Germany.
    My loss of hair seems to be the worst i have seen in this community.
    Like so many of you my confidence is starting to fall as fast as my hair.
    It is hitting me more than ever and i am going bald fast.

I have never tried any of the medication before. If you look at the pics, you will probably see that its to late.

Lucky for me is the fact, that my head does not look like an egg.
    Man, i just used to love the way i look. Not three years ago my hair was thick
    and full like one of those pics in a barber shop. And now its kinda like a bush without leaves. I tell ya, if i go swimming there is holes everywhere. And then the sun and the wind hit the hair and they go flying.

Now to my family.
    Dad= Bald, started round about 30.
    Grandad= Bald, started at the end of his 20s
    Oncles= Bald, all of them

I have no chance!!!!

But the key factor what i hate. My brother is two years older then me and has a head covered with hair. He doesent even know where to put it.
    How can that be?

That is just not fair.

If you have anything to say about my sad situation, feel free.
    I know there is many guys out there with simular problems.
    Man, this musst power up every other man my age with hair loss.
    I am a really bad case.

There is only two things i can do

1. Transplant (too much money, no garanteed good result)
    2. Shave the basterds and live with it.

Please excuse my bad english.
    I'm going to reply about #1 and #2.

I started losing my hair when I was 19. It didn't really hit me that I had any hair loss till I was about 23. I had roughly the same amount that you currently have like those photos. I went into serious depression and I too lost lots of confidence. I started isolating myself and not going out. Through out my highschool days, I always shaved my head and continued to do it till I was about 25 when I went for my first transplant. They cut me up put in the hairs on the top of my head and I went on my way. At the time the hair transplant was fairly good, I got some of my confidence back but I was still losing hair. I had two more transplants after that with in a 3 year span. I'm currently 32 years old and I regret every single hair follicle that was transplanted into my head. I went from a good looking guy (I'll give myself a humble 7/10) to a guy who's in this early 30's and people think he's in his late 30s. Someone even thought I was 42! Every day I struggle with this decision that I made. I can't shave my head because there is a scar going from one ear to the other - which is about half an inch. Then again I don't want to grow it out because it's very thin on top and thick on the sides. When I do cut it short, you can tell there's a scar there. I think back to when I was in my early 20's. I had confidence, I was dynamic and I had no problem with the ladies. Now, I'm always thankful I can manage to get a date. Women say they're not superficial, but think of it this way. What attractive women mid 20's to mid 30's with a nice body would want to get into a relationship with a guy who's in his 30's but looks like his in his late 30s and has scars all over his head? I've read on internet that it's all about confidence and the way you present yourself. Hard to present yourself when the face/head/hair is the first think someone sees. Comb over at 32???? wtf!

All I know is that I wish I had the strength to stop myself from getting the transplant. I was much better of shaving my head. I remember getting allot more attention then when I was shaving then I do now. Just for the record, I'm not some fat bald guy either. Although I'm 5'7 (which is shorter than average in north america) I'm 160 pound - I bench press 200, curl 50 and can run 12km in 40 minutes.

Short of the story my friend, is don't get the transplant. Wait it out a few years and take on the shaved head look. Either with a razor or very short buzz cut. Because you're correct, there is no guarantee for good results, I'm a perfect example. I can't change my past and the decision I've made, but I can try to stop someone from making the same dumb mistake I did when I was younger.

If you'd like to exchange emails, I'll me more than happy to talk with you further.

@ Silverson
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Im going to see a special doctor this thursday. Maybe he can help.
    Ive heard a lot about people having nasty sideeffects with propecia.
    But mainly with there libido. Im not worried about my libido, couse i have more
    than enough of that. Fully loaded

@ AntiHairTransplanter
    Thank you for sharing youre story!
    Man, that is bad!
    You cant shave it and cant grow it? So the only soloution is whearing
    a hat, i guess. You pay a sh.. load a money and wont get the result you want. That is bullshit! Sorry to hear about your experience with transplants, dude.

I am not going to attempt a transplantation. All in all...losing hair
    runs in my genes and i am not a shamed of my genes.
    It might just be a phase, wich i have to go through. My dad looks good with no hair. He is really a good looking older man. Im going in the same direction.
    Just a shame my hair is going so soon.

And now to the women.
    Im lucky because i have a very good beard groth. Unlike my hair it grows
    full and thick and it ads a good touch to my face. I look really manly.
    Little hair on the head and a lot in the face and on my chest.
    With women i never had a big problem. Specialy with women that are older than me. Some women like this manly look.
    There will allways be a woman for every man.
    To everybody out there: DONT LET YOUR HAIR F... YOU UP!!!!
    Find something to do and be good at this. That will bring back your energy.
    I myself play guitar and drums. And i train my body two times a week.
    That really helps me.
    I must admit, that my confidence is not shattered. Its just this second i walk by a window and see my hair flying. it feels like a wig blowing up and this kinda hurts.

Thanks for the support!!

they hair in the front blowing around from being so thin really got to me aswell

Anti hairtransplanter

I have a question for you. I am 31 and I am really really wanting to get a hair transplant...My confidence level has gone wayyy down! I isolate myself,i stay away from swimming and wind..How long should you actually wait before getting the transplant?? I mean how bad do you let it get?

Before you do anything you should consider seeing a doctor about getting on Propecia. If you still do well with the ladies and you think you can get away without doing anything, then you’re doing better then most of us. Sometimes acceptance is the best remedy.

Well the thing is I have been on propecia for 3 years and in the last 3 years its gotten so much worse..This year i went to 2 dermatologists and 2 plastic surgeons [Dr. Thomas Chu (Memphis,TN) and Dr.
    Connie Heirs (Jonesboro,Ar)] in May of this year and they would not
    perform the surgery. On the otherhand, I had just seen a senior
    consultant from Bosley in Memphis,Tn and he said that a Dr in Atlanta
    can perform the surgery. Also I think Dr. Alan Bauman is impressive. Want are some of ya'll thoughts?
    ps. as for the ladies just last month I dressed up nice and got hit on by 4 women :-) but I had to fix my hair where the thinning wouldn't show :-( ,If they knew that they wouldn't be interested!

Hey all again,

thx for the reply`s.

Just came back from my doctor. She said i should definitly
    use finasterid. That is propecia manufactured by a german
    Company. Its cheaper than propecia and apparently has a greater
    effect on the hair. Most of her patients have even regrown hair in
    the temple area. Its around 90 EUROs for 120 tapletts. Thats round about 4 months. I think i might give it a shot.

Also a friend of mine introduced me to toppik. I dont really like hidding
    my genes but it has an amazing effect. You put it on and all the problems
    are gone. It washes away though. So you cant swim with it.

What do you guys think about Propecia/finasterid and stuff like Toppik?

Quote Originally Posted by drady1on1 View Post
    Hey all again,

thx for the reply`s.

Just came back from my doctor. She said i should definitly
    use finasterid. That is propecia manufactured by a german
    Company. Its cheaper than propecia and apparently has a greater
    effect on the hair. Most of her patients have even regrown hair in
    the temple area. Its around 90 EUROs for 120 tapletts. Thats round about 4 months. I think i might give it a shot.

Also a friend of mine introduced me to toppik. I dont really like hidding
    my genes but it has an amazing effect. You put it on and all the problems
    are gone. It washes away though. So you cant swim with it.

What do you guys think about Propecia/finasterid and stuff like Toppik?
    I'm on finasteride (exactly the same as propecia)... to early to tell. cost is around ~$20 per month. My doctor stressed that while some people do regrow on it, that is not and should not be our goal. Our goal is to arrest further loss. If we get some regrowth, then thats just icing on top.

FYI, regrowth is usually on the crown and the temples/hairline do not respond as well.