+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair System Maintenance

Looking at getting a hair system and would love some honest feedback on what i can expect in terms of maintenance each week.

I am thinking of going for a mesh system with a full polly edge as i want as little maintenance as poss and don't mind a hairstyle that covers my hairline.

I'll get it cut in & fitted by a local place & pay a bit extra initially then plan to re-attach it myself every 7 days with tape.

It would be great to know the following:

1. How much time will i need to spend each week re-attaching? (Please be specific)

2. Would there be any other maintenance required through the week? How much?

3. How much should i budget for additional maintenace items ie tapes, conditioners & cleaning agents etc? (Please advise which currency)

4. Will i be able to swim & snowboard in it or is this just marketing BS?

5. Has anybody ever had a system fall off?

6. I might try other bases out too so still interested in answers to the above for those.

Many thanks

Hi,

Just so you get the terminology correct, the mesh-like base that is normally used today is lace, either French (a bit tougher) or Swiss (a bit more delicate). Using tape/poly is a good idea, you will get a good, solid bond.

1. It depends on how good you are at it, how long the hair is, and how adept you are. With short hair, I would say around an hour, which includes shaving your bald area, doing scalp prep, taping the system, attaching, aligning, etc.

2. Nope, just depending on how active you are, you may want to actally wash your hair. Daily maintenace is like regular hair. If you have an easy style it's spray in some leave-in conditioner, finger comb, and go/

3. Impossible to tell, exactly. It all depends on where you live, brands you buy, etc. Easiest thing to do is go on Amazon, and compare prices. Measure the circumference of your bald area, and you can figure out how many linear inches of tape(s) you need per week.

4. Yep, only issues tend to be sports in which there is headgear or head-contact.

5. Never.

6. It's not a bad idea to try UTS, or a hybrid, you may find a combination that works better.

Thanks heaps - much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    Hi,

Just so you get the terminology correct, the mesh-like base that is normally used today is lace, either French (a bit tougher) or Swiss (a bit more delicate). Using tape/poly is a good idea, you will get a good, solid bond.

1. It depends on how good you are at it, how long the hair is, and how adept you are. With short hair, I would say around an hour, which includes shaving your bald area, doing scalp prep, taping the system, attaching, aligning, etc.

2. Nope, just depending on how active you are, you may want to actally wash your hair. Daily maintenace is like regular hair. If you have an easy style it's spray in some leave-in conditioner, finger comb, and go/

3. Impossible to tell, exactly. It all depends on where you live, brands you buy, etc. Easiest thing to do is go on Amazon, and compare prices. Measure the circumference of your bald area, and you can figure out how many linear inches of tape(s) you need per week.

4. Yep, only issues tend to be sports in which there is headgear or head-contact.

5. Never.

6. It's not a bad idea to try UTS, or a hybrid, you may find a combination that works better.
    I read in another thread that you have thin sides/back and were considering a viking hair style. Some others suggested this would be difficult to pull off. How did you get on with this?

(I have very thin sides so have concerns about this issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Joebloggs View Post
    I read in another thread that you have thin sides/back and were considering a viking hair style. Some others suggested this would be difficult to pull off. How did you get on with this?

(I have very thin sides so have concerns about this issue)
    I do, and I did.

The look worked, but the long hair was a huge pain in the ass to deal with. I eventually got it cut, and now have very short hair. Currently I keep the back and sides shaved smooth, and do the shaved undercut, it seems to work for me.

Ok, cool!

If you don't mind sharing... How short did you go? What density are you rocking? What base are you using?

Most importantly - what (if anything) will you be doing differently when you order your next system?

Thnx again

I went with a modified French Crop, really short back and sides, with a longer fringe.

The density is 70% at the hairline (graduated) and more or less 80%-90% throughout.

Each system I order is different, I play with density, and color distribution. I am changing the color in the back to naturally match my own, so I can do a taper. And vary from a slight curl to straight. I now work for a company, so I get my systems at cost.

My hair started to fall out due to stress, who can recommend what?

Jeff be honest. You are connected to that company right?

You are spamming your company

You across as fake and socially unaware

You come across as chinese