+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default 8 month post surgery. After opinions please

Hi all.

Back on May 3rd I had a FUE procedure and have just passed the 8 month stage. I'm after opinions as I'm concerned that my progress hasn't been great (granted I may be panicking, but you know what it's like...!) My opinion is that the growth is very sporadic and sparse in the recipient areas and as such hasn't made much of a cosmetic difference compared to previous (apart from a slight hairline definition). I appreciate it's early days but the literature I was given states that are hairs will have emerged by now and I still have distinctive holes!

I had fairly thick hair at the front middle but had the classic v disappearance (temples and behind front middle) as well as crown loss - not massive loss but enough. The fue gave me 2220 in the v area and 1500 on the crown, so 3720 in total. Please see the before and after photos. The latest 8 month photos are taken after a haircut (number 7 all over and number 3 at the sides) so all hairs are the same length, to show the progress fairly. Should I be concerned, or is it too early? Thanks for any opinions.

The first three photos are from before the procedure, the following 5 show progress after 8 months, the final picture (9) shows the donor area which still has streak effect and as such, I now worry could be over harvesting rather than shock loss. All opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 1.jpg

Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	65616Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 2.jpg

Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	65617Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 3.jpg

Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	65618Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 4.jpg

Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	65619Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 5.jpg

Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	65620Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 6.jpg

Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	65621Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 7.jpg

Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	65622Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 8.jpg

Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	65623Click image for larger version

Name:	forum 9.jpg

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	65624

A little disappointed not to garner any opinions so far. Any opinion (professional or otherwise!) is appreciated!

My surgeon has since said that my progress is slower than the norm but it's too early to draw conclusions as although 8 months is the usual tell, sometimes people can take as long as 18 months? Is this the case, as it's the first I've heard this? At what stage/timescale can a HT be truly judged?

Another quick question. I've been taking Zinc and Biotin and for the first few months finasteride. I did away with finasteride as I didn't react well - some minor side effects.

Someone mentioned that Saw Palmetto is a good natural option. As it's a plant extract with no recommended daily intake, can anyone advise on dosage per day?

Thanks again

Unhappy

No-one?

Your temples are filling in, the crown looks better. Your donor area does look worse then before but you’re good brother. You don’t see full results till a year supposedly and also by then your donor area will look better 👍🏼

Thanks Juan! With 900 odd views and no opinions, I was beginning to think I had broken some obscure site rule and was being ostracized!

Appreciate the opinion! I am a tad concerned as I've seen many other 8 month pics with far less grafts than me and far better results! Mine hasn't changed a jot since month 6...

Fingers crossed.

Any opinion on Saw Palmetto at all?

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by gambitrl7 View Post
    Thanks Juan! With 900 odd views and no opinions, I was beginning to think I had broken some obscure site rule and was being ostracized!

Appreciate the opinion! I am a tad concerned as I've seen many other 8 month pics with far less grafts than me and far better results! Mine hasn't changed a jot since month 6...

Fingers crossed.

Any opinion on Saw Palmetto at all?

Ta
    Your growing a little slow, but I wouldn't panic yet. I have seen significant improvement from 8 to 12 months. I also had some minor improvement from 12 months to 18.

Currently on Advanced Trichology DHT Blocker and Ru 58441 not sure if either working well. About to try finistride before getting a transplant