+ Reply to Thread

Default My Story Including Pics

Hey,

I am new to this forum and just wanted to share my story with the rest of you here. I am 20 years old.

I could not tell you exactly when my hair loss started however I can tell you when I first noticed it. At the beginning of June this year I noticed that my hairline had receded slightly on both corners, as you can see from the pics on is higher than the other. of course I instantly flew into a blind panic and convinced myself I would be bald by the end of the week. After calming down slightly I booked an appointment with my GP (seemed a little ironic as I say there discussing my hair loss with a GP with hardly a hair on his head." He was surprisingly sympathetic and after talking it through he suggested minoxidil and also bought up the topic of Finasteride. I walked out of the doctors surgery with my prescription for 5mg Finasteride which was to be cut into quarters and taken each day.

I have now been taking the tablets for 3 weeks today and and hopeful I can keep the hair I have and maybe grow a little of the hair in the hairline (ambitious I realise but I like to be optimistic about these things)

The other day I took delivery of a 6 month supply of Kirkland Minoxidil which I have used now for 2 days and also Nizroal shampoo for clearing the sebum and junk from my scalp.

I will be sure to let you know how I get on in the coming months and wish all those out there battling hair loss the very best of luck with their personal journeys Any advice would be gratefully accepted, maybe hear from some of you who have been in a similar situation and what happened. My crown currently has no issues and thats why I haven't shown any pics.

Despite trying to be as positive as I can I just find my self feeling constantly and unlike an acne breakout or something similar that might make someone feel down this is something that I can only see getting worse and that thought just tears me apart

it doesn't look like you're balding at all, but i do see what you mean by the slight recession which i believe is normal as you become an adult. i think getting on finasteride now is a good call and gives you a good chance of keeping the hair you have.....which is basically all of it.

It looks to me like you are just noticing your mature hairline. Taking finasteride might be OK if indeed you have MPB, but starting Minoxidil with so much hair might put you into a shed. Since you only started it two days ago you should consider discontinuing it and just see how you do with the Finateride. You can always add it later.
    You should stay positive, you have so much hair and chances are you'll keep it for a long time.

Thanks ever so much for your replies. Very encouraging words from the pair of you. As I mentioned I just flew into a blind panic when I noticed it, I have always had a high hairline, if I look at my brother who is a year older than me he also has a similar hairline however it doesn't show as much as he has dark hair and it has always been thicker. Even the females in my family have high hairlines (obviously not male hairlines but I think it makes sense)

I have been told by every I mention it to that I am overreacting however obviously to me I just look in the mirror and convince myself I am going to bald in days. I have always had fairly low self esteem so any change was always going to hit me no matter how mild or severe.

Thanks again for your responses.

Its looks like you have a beautiful thick head of hair with a great hairline, that as all of the above said, may just be maturing. I know a boat load of men who receeded slightly at the hairline at a very young age and have never lost anymore hair. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by cep View Post
    Its looks like you have a beautiful thick head of hair with a great hairline, that as all of the above said, may just be maturing. I know a boat load of men who receeded slightly at the hairline at a very young age and have never lost anymore hair. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Yeah, I didn't even read your post after seeing your photos. Suck it up, you have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by cep View Post
    Thanks.

I really do appreciate all your words of encouragement and don't for a second want to come across as if I am wasting your time. I have been hearing a lot regarding mature hairlines and wondered if any of may be able to help me out. Basically as I mentioned earlier my family all have high hairline with large foreheads. How long does a mature hairline take to appear? Measuring up it would appear that the left corner is in around the right place and at the front I have what I call a 'tuft' which is almost impossible to style and has small hairs in front of it and a few behind. Basically the main point of my question is can a hairline mature at different rates? or does it all happen at once? as if I was to remove this tuft my hairline would be lined up again and would start where most adult mens seems to. I may just be in denile or whatever however I am simply curious as currently my hairline is in three places all different given the front, right side and left. surely this isn't right?

Thanks for reading my ramblings I hope it makes sense, and I will be curious to hear your thoughts. I would appreciate genuine answers rather than offensive answers such as "you are going bald live with it" (have read it elsewhere) I don't want to waste anyones time however I hope you can understand my concerns.

Dude your not going bald from what i can see in the pictures. You are 20, this is the average age to get a little bit of recession. Don't stress about it, cause if you do go bald in the future you will probably think to yourself - "If only i didn't get stressed i'd probably have hair", which personally for me is the worst part of balding - the blaming yourself part. Hairlines don't always mature at the same pace, it might go back a bit further on the right than left, its normal, not many people have a perfectly straight or perfectly symmetrical hairline.

Take it from a guy younger than yourself that is losing his hair, go out and enjoy your life (and hair) and stop obsessing over seriously no real loss at all. If i had has much hair as you i wouldnt of even typed 'hair loss' into google haha. Try not to obsess over it, if your hair is difficult to manage you might just need a different hair cut, or use different products. Also, at this stage i really dont know what the GP is doing giving you meds, some of these hairloss meds can have side effects (most GP's don't know more about hair loss than the average dude on the site imo). If i were you i'd come of the meds for the foreseeable future, try not to obsess over my hair, keep those pics you took, and in 6-12 months take another set of pics, if your hair is the same or slightly higher then its just mature hairline.

man that aint hairloss. what a joke. get over it man. i wish i had that hairline.

Default Update

Hey,

I know some of you are less than happy with me posting here as you feel I am over reacting or whatever however as I mentioned in my original post, I am fully aware some guys have it much worse than me but what I am trying to say is some also have it better. My hair has always been fairly fine and for that reason any recession was going to become visible very soon. I have been on Finasteride now for around a 5 weeks so a little way over a month and have been applying Minoxidil to the hairline area only for around 3 weeks. In the past few days I have noticed an increase in fine very weak short hairs in my hand when styling etc. and It has really alarmed me. I know sheds can occur and I maybe should be taking it as a good sign and who knows in a few months I might but right now it seems like anything but good news or a good sign! I know some of you are unhappy with my presence here but I just need some reassurance from like minded people. Hairloss is not something I like discussing with anyone of my friends and so this is the only real place I can come to talk about it. I am just scared about it all and being so young it is just getting me so down I am tempted to just throw in the towel even at this early stage