+ Reply to Thread

Default Is it possible with my budget?

My hairloss has basically stabilized...I think. My hair is...decent.

I think that If I grow it out it would look good etc. But really if it's an option why not get a HT. Most likely FUE, since more/better hair per graft anyway...right?

What would it cost me, very roughly I know of course...to restore my hairline? I think I am a good candidate for a hairtransplant now that I know my meds are working and also I have the money. But I can't spend anything more than $10 000 as that is just insane.

So I want to know if it is even possible...I doubt it. I live in a third world country and the traveling alone is probably really expensive...

Does anyone have a clue here? I think if it's FUE I will need like 1000 or so grafts...

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

My front is a really strong norwood 3 I think. I have no loss in the back anymore or diffuse, at all. It;'s just the temple areas that are really far receded, probably norwood 3.

Should I maybe just consider a strip procedure? Can it be done for under $10 000?

What are my options?

Here is an image. I am basically the norwood III except the middle front of my hairline is much stronger and it is only the temple areas that basically look like that.

What number of grafts do I need to revert it back to a strong norwood II?

Thanks for any help, price estimations would be helpful too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	male-baldness.jpg

Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	6222  

Keepthehair,
    I’ve been reading your post on the forum for a while now and I think it’s terrific that you’ve taken charge of your hair loss with the meds. For the number of grafts that you’re looking to have, I think you are in the ball park with your budget. Many clinics will even reimburse you for a portion of your travel expenses, so the budget should no be a problem. However, from reading your posts this past year or so I think you should wait a while longer to make sure that your hair loss is stabilized for a couple of years before you have a surgery. You never know if you will have any shock loss, even with FUE, and since you are only a class III with a strong middle, you might want to hold off and see if you can be happy with what you have for a while.

Just my 2 cents.

The best thing to do in your situation is to send photos to the doctors on your shortlist and get graft estimates/prices and then go from there. Then you'll know what you need and whether you can afford it.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com