+ Reply to Thread

Talking Can we talke a momento to appreciate some celebrities' mature hairlines?

So, I was watching Captain Fantastic the other day, and I started wondering about Viggo Mortensen's hairline.

This is a "young" photo of him, the best I could find. We can clearly see that the guy's a norwood 2 (at the very least) and well... Let's take a look at him some years later.

Quite a few years later, he played Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. Here, we can see the U shape (it's not a wig, btw), and looks like he's well on his way to a norwood 3. But how does he look like today?

Man, this guy is 61, and his hairline has been the same thing since what? his mid 20s?
    I hardly think he had something done to his hair, specially because we can see that his hairline is totally natural.

Now, let's have a look at Cary Elwes, our beloved Westley. This photo is from when he was 22, starring in "The Princess Bride".

We can see there's some clear recession going on, if he had posted some photos of his scalp on the internet, people would say he's doomed to lose his hair in 10 years maximum. Well, let's see...

This is him today. A full head of hair.

Now.... David Tennant. He's a famous case, I guess. I can guarantee you that he did nothing to his hair. But let's see how he looks at age 21.

Clearly around a norwood 2 as well. But wel... Let's imagine how he would look line in this 30s...

Here it is. Some people would say he's thinning... He's not. Let's have a look at him today.

Pretty much nothing has changed.
    I could go on and mention Ewan McGregor, Leo Dicaprio, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau... and so on. But I believe you guys get the point. Hairline recession is normal, in your teens, in your 20s. It doesn't mean baldness is imminent, BUT... If you think you're unluck, go see a doctor to take the needed precautions. If you're as lucky as any of these guys, enjoy your hair!