Besides a hairtransplant what can I do? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Besides a hairtransplant what can I do?

Stupid topic title I know.

My regimen and the things I think that are worth it is in my profile I will name them again:

Finasteride 1mg daily
    Minoxidil(15%) 1-2 daily
    Keto shampoo(nizoral or dr lees shampoo)1x every 2 days
    Spironolactone lotion 5% once after shower.

This is really all that I think does anything for hair besides the other antiandrogens, which are more effective than spiro from what I hear.

I fear that my hairline might be getting worse, I am not sure though and might just be paranoid. But my hair is getting longer and if it was I would not quickly notice it. I did some inspection and really...I tihnk there might be some further recession though I am not 100% sure.

This thread is stupid and it is basically a representation of what we do on forums...want solutions that aren't really there.

I want to know if ANYONE knows of ANYTHING that I can add to my regimen that would be of any benefit at all.

The only thing I am considering at this point is copper peptides, not even sure which... but there is some evidence that it works and seems to be recommended on other forums...though I don't really believe in it. I will give it a shot though.

It has been over 4 months since I started on the big 3. My gains have been well worth my efforts. My hair could still be better though, the crown has been 100% fully restored. The hairline is very far receded though(which is not evident at all with the way I wear my hair).

I AM being greedy now. I admit it. Also I just want to make sure I maintain the hairline. My hair could look a ton better if It was thicker in the front...which is my goal.

Please anyone, if you know of anything(which you probably don't), let me know I might be missing something.

hey KTH, just wondering what treatments you found that worked on the crown area? I only seem to have thinning in that area and i haven't started any treatments as yet. Any advice on an action plan would be a great help, thanks

Definitely start on propecia(finasteride). If you want add minoxidil. Minoxidil is a great hairgrowth stimulant, though you need to use propecia to stop any further loss.

Also, a shampoo with ketoconazole has a lot of benefit(Nizoral). You can get 2% keto from minoxidil.com also.

GL

ok thanks, do you think propecia was the main key in restoring your crown, and how long did it take until you were satisfied with the results?
    also, do you find you have any sides from taking it and does it cause shedding like rogaine can?

sorry for the 20 questions

thanks again

I don't mind the questions. My results where probably mainly from minoxidil as it was after 2 months that my crown was fully restored. Propecia has a very high success rate in the crown area and I recommend you get on it as fast as possible.

I have gotten no sides whatsoever. I do recommend you educate yourself and read the forums as well as perhaps talk to a well informed doctor(most aren't!).

Research this very well!

It is possible that propecia can cause shedding. A lot of users don't report shedding though.

Finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral shampoo. Use those 3 things, everything else is skeptical.

ok, cheers for your help and good luck!

playsound

Hi,

I used Propecia Rx, and found great result after using for few months. You can consult with your dermatologist regarding this medicine.

Thanks & regards
    Koold

Are you trying to push a certain website or what? I clearly mention I already use finasteride.

Also,

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...5088#post15088

hey keep the hair. I've been browsing the forums for a couple months now and only been posting recently. I noticed my hair loss on the temples a few months ago and I've just recently noticed as my hair is growing out that the top is no longer as dens as it use to be. my hair falls out all the time, but i've always lost allot of hair, as my dad demonstrated to me this morning, he lost atleast 50 hairs in the sink this morning and he still has a full set of hair! It sucks to see my dad who is almost 60 has thicker hair than me

Any way as far as making your regiment better, there isn't much you can do, but I often contemplated while looking at my physics teachers head, which is at a norwood VI, how do they choose applicants for the testing process of hairloss products. I mean someone had to test out propecia for hair loss, someone had to test Minoxidil and that was back in the 1980's/90's.
    Now fastforward to now, were on the brink of several companies developing what some people may call a cure to MPB! So maybe the next step is to try to be a test person for the company products like oh say for example... Histogen

Default Nizoral

Just picked it up. I have read it can cause some shedding as well. Did you experience any shedding and did you just start off using it every other day or just once or twice a week like the box says?