X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salolrac
    • Dec 2019

Telogen effluvium or MPB?

Im a 21 year old male.
    So, about 6 months ago is when I’m assuming this all started because my hair was thick and dense. I prepared raw tuna and ate it and then a couple days later I “thought” I started to have symptoms of some type of worm infection and for almost a month I have been stressing the hell out (this all happened in April). Around June is when I started to not care about it because it was just a placebo effect cause I did get a stool check and a blood check and the doctor said everything is normal.
    2 months pass and around August is when I started to notice my hair thinning. No receding of the hairline but the top of my scalp is thinner and if I comb all my hair forward, my scalp is seen and so is the crown. My frontal hairline has taken a hit too as my scalp is visible too under bright lights. It is also worth mentioning that my dad, who’s in his 50s, still has a full head of hair and is starting to slightly thin now.
    In the month of October, I decided to go visit a dermatologist. Not even 5 mins in the consultation, he looked at my scalp and determined that it was MPB. I was shocked because no one in my family has thinning hair in their 20s and 30s (especially on my dads side).
    I guess my question is should I try and get a second opinion from another doctor or take that one dermatologists word to the heart? Cause I find it very hard to believe I’m dealing with MPB. I’ll post some pictures down below to show my situation. Also, I heard that telogen effluvium reverses itself on its own, is this true? I’m really close to taking finasteride but I want to wait a bit longer if it is telogen effluvium and it may revert back to the way it used to. I also want to get it checked out by my family doctor this time for second opinion.
    On the pictures down below, my part was never that visible 6 months ago. My hair had more volume 6 months ago. My crown was never visible 6 months ago.

Thanks for taking your time and reading about this shit situation I’m in
    Attached Files
  • Jtk11
    • Apr 2020

Did you ever find out what it was?

Comment

Working...