+ Reply to Thread

Default Flakey scalp and dry hair 6 months post FUE

I had a FUE transplant 6 months ago and recently my scalp became really flakey and flakes would come off about 1cm square with hair attached. My FUE surgeon said it was just the shafts not the root and not to worry.

Last month I went on holiday and with the scalp being wet all day from swimming in the pool etc the flakes washed off along with some hair leaving it looking patchy, after this I thought I better get some anti dandruff conditioner to remedy the flaky scalp so I bought head and shoulders anti dandruff conditioner, used it for a month until my next check up with my FUE surgeon, he told me the head and shoulders had stripped my hair of any goodness and possibly damaged some grafts.

Has anyone else had experience of this?

Similar Threads

1. flaky scalp 6mths post HT
    By barry77 in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-02-2019, 02:04 PM
  2. Dr Bansal & Dr Sethi | Grade-6, 5615 Grafts (Scalp+Beard) | 8 months post op
    By Pradeep Sethi, MD in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2019, 02:19 AM
  3. PANINE, MD - Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic-Hair Restoration Results 8 Months Post-Op
    By Vladimir Panine, MD in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Last Post: 08-30-2017, 10:02 AM
  4. ML - 2257 FUSE grafts (Scalp and beard hair) 11 months update(Dr. A's Clinic)
    By Dr A's Clinic in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 10:55 PM
  5. Dry hair with dry/flakey scalp, Shampoo advice please.
    By RobDerbyshire in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 03:02 AM