+ Reply to Thread

Default Question about graft # by Erdogan - too many?

Hi there,

New member here. This forum has been very helpful as I think about transplant options. I have been looking at surgeons in Turkey due to a combination of quality, cost, and forum member testimonials. Erdogan seems to be regarded the highest but his graft counts also seem quite high relative to other surgeons and above the amount typically advised. Are his patients more limited in their ability for second transplants given less grafts a available or have they had more scarring as a result of harvesting?

Any additional feedback or thoughts on how his high FUE counts should be factored relative to those that tend to be lower with almost all other highly regarded practices?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilzy917 View Post
    Hi there,

New member here. This forum has been very helpful as I think about transplant options. I have been looking at surgeons in Turkey due to a combination of quality, cost, and forum member testimonials. Erdogan seems to be regarded the highest but his graft counts also seem quite high relative to other surgeons and above the amount typically advised. Are his patients more limited in their ability for second transplants given less grafts a available or have they had more scarring as a result of harvesting?

Any additional feedback or thoughts on how his high FUE counts should be factored relative to those that tend to be lower with almost all other highly regarded practices?

Thanks.

I think it is only logical that the more grafts you have in one procedure, the probability of a second procedure is reduced. It may not be eliminated entirely but the graft count potential will be diminished with larger first surgeries rather than smaller first surgeries.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I think.Larger graft counts cause tons of issues and create more risk. Both to the recipient and donor. Reason why some folks may end up getting touch ups later. Research results and see how results are. Best is to look for patients that have your hair type with your hair loss pattern. Best of luck

Personally, think a lot of it comes down to the persons own physiology. No doubt higher grafts in one session carry more risk.

Saying that. I have seen cases where some guys have had a large first session and the result has been good and donor area still looks great coming out the other end. However these outcomes didn't only rely on the skill/experience of the clinic in carrying out large procedures but also on the persons own physiology imo....some guys are just better equipped to handle larger procedures and some are not so with that in mind you are throwing the dice somewhat if you opt for a a high number of grafts in one procedure.

So with that in mind, it's safer to go with smaller procedures.

Thanks all. Very helpful.