+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 24 days post op

Oh no, don't worry about the front. They do not shave the recipient area, just the donor area in the back, then they suture the skin together back there. I cannot see any shaved patch or scar, nothing. They will just transplant the hair into the front, recipient area of your head, and no shaving there. They transplant the hair in among the existing hair. A lot of women will suffer from temporary shedding of some of the existing hair, which will all grow back in with then grafts.

Default Thank you

Whew! I'm so glad the shaved area is in the back & not the front. Thanks for the clarification. You have been very helpful & informative. Have a great day!

Not all physicians will shave the recipient area, but many do. It depends on what the preferred method of that particular surgeon is. With Dr. Alexander, I am not sure....

My recipient area was shaved for my first procedure. Because of that, I ended up wearing hats in the office for a couple of months as I was not comfortable to do otherwise. People thought I was starting a new trend and in fact, when I stopped wearing them, I was told they really liked them and thought they were funky and different (in a good way) and said I should wear them again.

For my second surgery, the recipient area was not shaved, but I ended up having a lot of the surrounding hair fall out anyway. Looking back, I guess I can say that it was relatively easier to style my hair to conceal the transplant easier after the non-shaved procedure than following the shaved one, but it was still quite awkward in both cases. I still felt pretty bald in front each time!

Default HT Update

Well I had my hair transplant on 9/8/10. Boy that was a painful experience! I had a terrible reaction to the pain medication (hydrocodone). I feel much better now but some parts of the transplant area still feel numb. According to the doctor that should go away.

I was using Rogaine but began to notice facial hair that is turning dark!!!
    I normally have very fine, light (blonde) hair on my face but not dark. It is hardly noticeable & honestly when I noticed it, I thought they were blackheads until I looked closer. I opted for applying Rogaine only at night & covering my head but now I plucked a few, new dark hairs close to my upper lip. I'm horrified of growing facial hair! I don't want to continue using the medication, afraid of growing more dark facial hair. Now I'm faced with the dilema of stopping the Rogaine crossing my fingers my hair doesn't fall out. I hope the hair from the transplant comes in soon.

Any suggestions? What would you do if you were in my shoes? I appreciate any suggestions.