+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The guys here have given u some brilliant advice.

Mkamph- if this is your very very first surgery then you might be alright. Do you have a family and kids already? My worry is how much hair I would lose if I was to go of propecia when trying for kids, I reckon hair loss would catch up with me in a month without the meds and thats always a worry

Don't do it, my story can be read on hairsite and my username is newstart

Have taken a bit of time out of forums, my hairtransplanst and my journey over the last few years is something I find quite hard to talk about but I do think we have a duty to educate others who are at least fortunate enough to have found these forums and ask us for advice

Rajasec - I started my ht journey at the age of 27, and I live in fear about it every day. My loss at 27 was only my temples and no where near as bad as urs, bottom line mate is you can't get it done. If you have $100,000 put aside, no problem taking 3 months off work at least every 18 months for the next 20 years and loads of beard hair you can use in the crown u may stand a chance to get a very avaerage looking head of hair. If you really really can't see sense then go and speak to dr Arvind in ndelhi and see what he says. You can mention the things I and other forum readers have said in this post

Good luck

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by rajasec View Post
    This is my first post in this Forum. Personally I have found this forum very helpful, friendly and informative. I have lost all my hair in the crown area and Iam quite desperate to get it back through HT.

But the dilemma is that I have also lost hair on the front too (Please see profile pictures at (attached) and I don't want to deplete my donor by transplanting all the hair back in the crown. I have been in propecia/Minox for last 2 months and hoping it would help me regrow hair on the back.
    Iam not sure about the results so far and decided to wait for another 3 months atleast to see any visible growth.

I feel that my self esteem is little bit on the lower side now and wanted to do something quickly to get some hair (both on the frontal and back) and confidence back. Am I right candidate for HT or is to too late to do anything to my crown? :-( Iam looking forward to the suggestions. Have a great day.
    My find bald friend, please look over some of my posts. Feel free to contact me and we can talk.

morelocks,

this would be my first surgery. i don't have kids, but i've heard you don't have to go off meds if you are trying to have kids....not sure i want any anyway.

i'm also waiting to hear what dr jerry cooley's results have been with acell. i guess he's going to present them in october.

mkamph

I agree with others you might be ok

End of the day we all take a punt. I often wonder how a Surgeon decides to do a mega session on some guys when they do not have 10k donor grafts available and are younger then 40 so who knows how much hair loss they will have regardless of family history... Even guys over 40 who knows.

Anyways look at worse case photos and how many grafts and your type of hair (if you can meet people similar to you that will be good also) and think about if you hit 40 and for example are normally a norwood 6 and whether you will be happy with x number of grafts (see the transplant photos and pick out guys who might have your worse case loss and your hair type and colour and possible texture). Are you happy with this and if you are I say go for it because this will be generally worse case...

Most guys with crown loss will have to deal with it as they always like to transplant to the front first and move back so if you can go for a higher hairline I say its worth it to get the density as far back as you can

And remember think hard because you get a 30cm scar happy smile on your back head there aint no shaving anymore so if you like wearing your hair short you wont be able to as longer hair covers more ground so you will need to wear the hair a little longer

My scar is 9cm

I wish they had a program to show you if you were a norwood 6 and had x grafts what you would look like that would be great to determine expectation

Morelocks,
    Do you happen to have pics of before and after the HT surgery because I am 31 and really thinking of going for it..

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    Morelocks,
    Do you happen to have pics of before and after the HT surgery because I am 31 and really thinking of going for it..
    dgma21, please think long and hard before getting a hair transplant. I regret mine. The hairline just isn't natural and there is the long strip scar in back. Don't Do It.

Dontdoit,

Yes but I have seen some good results with candidates..Dont u think it would work with the rite doctor?

Dontdoit,

Yes but I have seen some good results with candidates..Dont u think it would work with the rite doctor?
    Sure, you might get lucky and be one of the patients with a good result. But you might be unhappy. If you go for a strip procedure, please be aware that you will never be able to wear your head short. I sure can't.

If you go for FUE, you will avoid the strip scar but you have a risk of white dot scarring.

Also, if you do FUE and graft only in front and on the temples, there is the chance that the hair loss further back will progress over the years. You will end up needing additional surgeries. It is a long road once you take that first step to get a hair transplant. Think long and hard about doing it.

Remember that a shaved or buzzed head or very short cut is acceptable and can look great. If you go for a hair transplant, you take away those options.

Good luck with your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tDoIt View Post
    Sure, you might get lucky and be one of the patients with a good result. But you might be unhappy. If you go for a strip procedure, please be aware that you will never be able to wear your head short. I sure can't.

If you go for FUE, you will avoid the strip scar but you have a risk of white dot scarring.

Also, if you do FUE and graft only in front and on the temples, there is the chance that the hair loss further back will progress over the years. You will end up needing additional surgeries. It is a long road once you take that first step to get a hair transplant. Think long and hard about doing it.

Remember that a shaved or buzzed head or very short cut is acceptable and can look great. If you go for a hair transplant, you take away those options.

Good luck with your decision.
    amen to that Don't

If I had to do it over, I would have never done it.

Waste of time
    waste of money
    waste of emotions

enjoy life

go to the beach, forget HT's until there is a true fix

Morelocks,
    Don't do it, listen to the man