+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2 month mark...

So I'm just over the two month mark with my hair transplant and I'm starting to see some hair appear! I've been finding it fun so far because it's really a reverse process of going bald - I know that sounds obvious... Instead of looking in the mirror checking how much things have deteriorated (as in over the past 5 years), I spend 30 seconds (or more) looking at what's grown each day...! For me, it's exciting to find new strands coming to the surface. I'm still wearing a hat when I go out so I wouldn't say I've gotten away from the "Friar Tuck" monk look that is still very much apparent but, in the right light (dark!), I can see things progressing nicely.

I still have some slight numbness above my donor area but it's much less than before and I am confident it will disappear soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Post_2_months-1.jpg

Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	7085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post_2_months-2.jpg

Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	7086  

Colarado42 Thank you for your posts - Please keep us posted, you are 15 days ahead of me : )

Can you also post some pictures of the donor area, how is your scar and how well did it heal ?

Are you using minoxidil %5 ? if so how often you use it ? What else do you use to keep them healthier ?

Thanks in advance.

Still very early days - grow well - ur in for a cracker
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting your progress. I love seeing the process from start to finish. Looking good so far!

Quote Originally Posted by ROLEX View Post
    Colarado42 Thank you for your posts - Please keep us posted, you are 15 days ahead of me : )

Can you also post some pictures of the donor area, how is your scar and how well did it heal ?

Are you using minoxidil %5 ? if so how often you use it ? What else do you use to keep them healthier ?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Rolex, I've been using a 5% minoxidil mix I purchased at Dr Rahal's office and it's just run out so I'll be switching to 5% rogaine now. I spray it on once in the morning and at night. I'm not using that much - just enough to cover the transplant area. Besides that, I'm just washing my hair each day with a shampoo from L'Oreal Kerastase with the label that reads "Bain Prevention GL" it says it is a densifying shampoo with a materializing effect. (white bottle with a gray lid). I don't know if it's helping but that's what I'm doing so far.

I'll get the camera out and try to get a few shots of my scar in the next couple of days. My scar is healing quite well but there is one small part on my right side that hasn't come up quite as well as the rest. Dr Rahal mentioned that I had scaring from something in my past perhaps and that part might not come up as well as other areas. All in all though, pretty good so far. I'll post some images soon.

Hi Gents,

Colorado,

Looking good. I am just 3 months post surgery and my hair is growing in. It looks normal but thin. No one seems to notice. I even tell people they look and still dont notice. Kinda funny. I would take a pic but I dont think anyone could see what I am referring to. He only moved my hairline down and thickened up the front. I am not sure a regular picture would show the difference.

Maybe in another 3 months I will be really able to tell. I am also hoping that the hair I shed right after the surgery will return at the same time.

Default 3 month mark

Hi everyone,

I'm just past 3 months post my hair transplant and things seem to be progressing nicely.

Over 90% of the initial numbness is gone now and more hair is popping up all the time. I can still feel little tiny hair spikes when I pass my hand through the top of my head so that makes me think there's more to come.

I've decided it's ok now to leave the house without my hat. That's not to say that I think everything is peachy yet - just that I think I have more hair now than before my operation. I get no weird looks when I'm without my hat so that's reassuring!

I've taken a bunch of shots of my scar (as best I could so my apologies about some of image quality) and it's still healing well. My right side is the side with the least amount of progression but, that said, it's getting much better every week.

I've got more detail about my photos on my hairloss blog but here are a few shots of my progress. (photo of top, photo of top, photo of right side, photo of right side with hair down, photo of rear, photo of rear with hair down, photo of left side, photo of left rear side).

Name:	Three month mark-9.jpg

Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	7370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Three month mark-10.jpg

Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	7371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Three month mark-1.jpg

Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	7372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Three month mark-2.jpg

Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	7373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Three month mark-6.jpg

Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	7374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Three month mark-7.jpg

Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	7375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Three month mark-11.jpg

Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	7376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Three month mark-4.jpg

Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	7377  

Default Four month mark

Hi again,

My transplanted hair is still coming in and I've been receiving more and more comments about how my hair looks much better from everyone that knows me.

I'm having normal haircuts now. My scars are just slightly visible immediately after a haircut (in these images, I had a haircut that day!). I have also stopped using Rogaine and am back to living my life without spending any time worrying about my hair loss.

I'm very happy with how things are progressing and am very glad I embarked on this course of action!

Name:	Hair_4Mnth-1.jpg

Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	7861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair_4Mnth-4.jpg

Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	7862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair_4Mnth-2.jpg

Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	7863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair_4Mnth-3.jpg

Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	7864  

Wow,

Those are some great results. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. I am almost 5 months myself. I still have some numbness on the top and sides. Sometimes during the day the amount of numbness changes. I am hoping it will completely disappear with more time. My hair continues to grow in a definitely looks thicker. My Doc never got to the crown, so that area, which I was so concerned with is still an issue. For now I try not to think about it. I don't know if I want to do this again. We will see. Keep us up to date.
    Thanks,
    Neil

Dr Rahal is the king, I am so happy about my results and soon I will share my photos with all.
    Mine looks like a re-creation more than a hair transplant. It is just amazing to check the mirror everyday.