+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr AE Karadeniz or Dr Özlem Biçer?

Hi, Im having trouble deciding between the two doctors,

Both offering the same mixed 'package' offers where the Dr's do the incisions and the rest with technicians.

I've seen multiple reviews and opinions on Dr K,
    However not much on Dr Bicer, however she is on the
    IAHRS as an associate member,

Any recommendations between them?

Apologies for the horrible grammar and punctuation - written through Phone.

Thanks

Hi BaldingB, I just had FUE with AEK in Istanbul in 2020. Healing was really quick after 2500 grafts. Could go back to work after 10 days with no visible signs of the work (except new hair on my head which will fall off in a few weeks). I would say that 95% of the op is done by the techs in AEK. Dr Karadeniz came in and did the hairline but that was about it. I thought he would come back in at the end at least to check it on completion but he did not. No doubt the technicians are very skilled but i thought that i would get more than a 30 min cameo for the money. You do get to consult with him the day before the operation and i would defo recommend this as it gives you a chance to think about the hairline for the night and not be pressured into doing what only he thinks is best. Dont get me wrong he probably does know what looks best but he puts you under pressure to go along with his first design and make you feel a bit under pressure to accept it or sign a waiver to say that you wanted something else, and considering you are in a different country and are probably a bit concerned / stressed about the whole thing i thought it lacked a little empathy for a Dr to act like this. There was 3 operations per day which seems OK because they have three rooms and he only spends about 30 Mins in each one so it makes sense. I would have liked if Dr K had shown a bit more interest in the whole procedure rather than just the 30 min hairline. I mean what if the technician had taken out way too many hairs etc. I havent sat down and counted the grafts yet but i hear people do it allot so once i do i will let you know.
    All in all i am happy so far although a long way to go. I was happy with the fact that the healing was so quick and that i was able to go outside after 10 days without anyone knowing about it, im not sure if this is down to the skill of the Tech or just my healing but the Tech was very good. My donor area is still sore after 10 days but no marks on it. Sleeping is difficult at the moment with pain killers but i think it will go away after about 3 weeks. Good Luck

Hey BaldingBrown, I had the same issue as you where I was deciding between Dr. K, a couple other doctors listed on the IAHRS, and Dr. Bicer. It seems like I could find Dr. Bicer nowhere online which worried me a little. I went to Istanbul and met with Dr. Bicer and the two other IAHRS surgeons, but I did not meet with Dr. K. I dropped Dr. K after I read similar experiences to what Tommy 99 shared. I did not like how he did not participate a significant amount of his time to the operation and that he seemed very stiff against the desires of the patient. During my in-person consultations I was looking for a clinic that performed only one operation per day, and had the surgeon participating in a significant portion of the surgery.

During my consultations, I was blown away when I met with Dr. Bicer. She is very genuine in how she can help you, and formulates a long term strategy so that your hair looks as natural as possible after hair transplantation. She answered all of my questions and made sure I was comfortable with all of the planning before the operation. While the other two doctors I met with seemed very good, I felt like they only viewed me as a customer rather than an individual with personalized surgical needs. So, i went with Dr. Bicer.

The surgery went very well. It lasted around 9 hours, and Dr. Bicer was there for a significant portion of the operation and when her technicians were implanting the grafts she would constantly come in to check on me. While the injection of the anaesthesia was painful, it only lasted for about 30 minutes. The rest of the surgery i was relaxed and did not feel anything. After 10 days, all of the scabbing was gone. It has now been 4 weeks since my surgery and I am confident the results will be very good as she displayed a high level of professionalism, long term planning, and care. Not to mention, I am following her instructions to the T (lol). If I ever have any questions I can always reach out to Dr. Bicer for a quick response and sometimes she checks in on me through WhatsApp. Let me know if you want me to share any more experiences.

P.S. When I first consulted with Dr. Bicer I was worried why she wasn't ever mentioned on any forums. She responded by saying that she did not currently have many patients from America, but mainly from Europe such as Germany and Italy. So, there were not many reviews posted to American forums, but there are a lot on European HT Forums.

Forgot to mention, it was 3400 grafts for $4,500 USD