+ Reply to Thread

Default Minoxidil or not?

Hey guys.

I'm 21 years old and im started to go bald. I used to have really really thick hair, but during the last 6 months or so its become pretty thin. Its at the stage where you can now notice my scalp when my hair is soaked which couldnt before at all.
    For the last, allmost, 3 months i've been on propecia but im still shedding though. Actually, during this time i've really noticed the hair miniuaritizing (have no idea how to spell that) kicking in and most of my hairs have started to look pretty thin. So now im just wondering if the propecia will start doing its work before its all too late. How knows, mby i wont have any hair at the 8-10 month mark where it should start working?
    So should i consider starting using rogaine too? Im just so worried about the shedding period. I dont want to use any more hair that i allready have.

Thanks, Jewil.

It’s only been 3 months. It could take several months before you see positive results. You can start using Rogaine, but a lot of guys complain of going through a shed when they start and that might not be what you want at this point. I would wait a couple of more months and see how you do on Propecia.

Yea that was my first thought, but I just dont want to reach the point where it is too late and then regret it. But im so terrified about the shed too. Im already shedding now and i dont want to up that amount.

I would not start on rogaine if I were you. I have used rogaine for three years and deciding to phase it out and stick with propecia. You will find many users give it up after a while. There is always the question of minoxidil dependency - whether your hair becomes dependent on minoxidil - I don't know the answer to this - for that reason I am phasing it out over the course of several months.
    While this is not proven, there are plenty of anecdotal evidence that Minoxidil can contribute to skin ageing as it suppresses collagen synthesis.

I would not start on rogaine if I were you. I have used rogaine for three years and deciding to phase it out and stick with propecia. You will find many users give it up after a while. There is always the question of minoxidil dependency - whether your hair becomes dependent on minoxidil - I don't know the answer to this - for that reason I am phasing it out over the course of several months.
    While this is not proven, there are plenty of anecdotal evidence that Minoxidil can contribute to skin ageing as it suppresses collagen synthesis.