+ Reply to Thread

Default 3 FUT procedures later I give up

Where did this all go wrong? I find myself asking that more and more each day as I hide behind a hat, or check the weather report, or make a mental tally of how many days this week I wore a hat to ensure a low enough number so people don't notice my insecurity (or scars). The truth is that this probably went wrong the day I decided to get my first FUT procedure.

Like many of you being young and heightened with the anxiety of losing my hair I turned to my options. I realized that I had enough money for a transplant but I was still too young to see the extent of my hair loss so I went to steps one and two. I got a prescription for fin and started applying minox twice daily. All was well, and for the first time in two years I stopped worrying about my hair…except a few weeks after starting I got hit like a bus with all the side effects. Unfortunately for me, it made me a non-functioning person, but I was lucky to get off and quickly return to normal within a few weeks/months. And so, I stuck it out with just minox until I was 27 when I felt comfortable getting my first hair transplant. In hindsight, the first doctor that I chose was an awful snake oilman who now parades TV shows and self-aggrandizes by naming procedures after himself, but despite that I don't blame him. I blame myself. Sure he gave me a hairline placement of an eighteen year old but he didn’t chose to sit in that chair, I did. And after that first mistake (which at the time didn’t seem all too terrible) I thought the only way out was through. And so I went to a new reputable IAHRS member who did his best twice more. Despite all this here I am, 4 months post-op from my 3rd FUT procedure and feeling utterly hopeless living as a thirty-something year old emotionally crippled person who contemplates suicide on a daily basis and hides away most days.

I don’t know what to do anymore. I gave everything I had to this fight and now I feel truly defeated. My most recent surgery performed on June of 2019 left me with some major shock loss which I’m still hoping will recover but I have no hope. I’m just defeated.

This journey has destroyed me as a person. 20+ grand and 6,000+ grafts later and I still walk around with a hat most days living in a shell of a former person. I don’t even know what I’m asking for here because I know nothing can be done at this point. I just want to feel whole again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7kglr8o61st31.jpg

Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	64808Click image for larger version

Name:	0mjek9o61st31.jpg

Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	64809Click image for larger version

Name:	88agk9o61st31.jpg

Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	64810

Hey man,

So very sorry to hear about your journey. Stay strong man. Early days at 4 months post op. Might I suggest you try put it all down and not watch it constantly in anticipation.

The Bald Truth Radio show might be worth a call to vent and share your experience and allow the guys to help process things as well as try make sense of the situation.

Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.