+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default stopping this nonsense

So I really need to stop my hairloss once and for all while i still have some on my head! I’ve been taking DUT 1mg (two gel capsules) for two whole months and there has been no cessation of shedding on may pillow and i the shower, which isn’t a ton but still more than normal. and I can see a general diffuse thinning week by week.

I wonder why I’m not having any success on halting my hairless while so many people have great results with just finasteride 1mg. I am taking 1mg of DUT, that on paper should do the trick.

I am aware that I should wait 6 months before concluding if DUT is working or not but you would think that I would see some sort of cessation of the hair falling out right?

What else could I do? move up to 1.5mg DUT?

I’ve been taking DUT for 16 days now and I’m still shedding hundreds of hair daily. I’ve buzzed my hair down and my hands are still covered in hair while I shampoo, oil my hair, etc. I’m losing hair from all over my scalp including behind the ears, donor areas, side burns. There doesn’t appear to be any end in sight. It’s early but so far DUT hasn’t done anything to slow or stop my hair loss. When I started Finasteride 9 years ago, I noticed a pretty huge difference within the first few weeks.

All I can say is we are doing the best we can to save our hair. I know exactly how you feel. I’d take 0.5mg daily and just ride it out. Not worth the sides of taking increased dosage. 0.5mg should do the trick whenever or if it ever does. Until then, all we can do is wait. If this fails, I’m shaving my head and going the scalp micropigmentation route. My parents blessed me with a weird shaped head, my life would be over once the hair goes.

16 days is not long enough to know if DUT is working, from what I heard you should see a cessation in a month to month in a half. That's impressive that you saw an improvement that quickly the first time. I hope it works for you

I am 25 and almost NW3, my scalp is itchy and since I've began DUT I've noticed an increased libido but no hairloss cessation in any way since begining DUT. and I NEED my hair.

Thanks, I hope it works for you as well. Believe me when I say this, I KNOW exactly what you mean. For me, time seems to be running out. At the rate I’m dropping hair by the minute, Its crazy. Hair in my food, on my phone, on pillow, on the toilet seat while I’m sitting, in the sink, turn around and half minute later 2 more, gently pull an area on scalp to check, oh wow no hair this time, check same area 10 minutes later 2 hairs come out. I just always see hair everywhere! It’s sickening to the point I rather be dead. I know that sounds bad but It’s a helpless feeling.

Do you use minoxidil at all?

That’s something I may try out soon.

I applied minoxidil on September 7th just once and stopped cold turkey. Thats part of the problem, many doctors think it induced acute TE. I was not aggressively losing hair on fin prior to that, but fin was losing its effectiveness for sure. 2 weeks after applying minox, I’ve been shedding 300+ hairs daily with no end in sight.

Thats what I figured because I was thinking about your last post and that's a lot of hair to lose everyday, I'm not losing that much hair everyday but I am losing more than I should be to know my hairloss isn't halted.

really it's only when I take a shower there is a ton in my hands, and I don't have an amazing amount right now anyway so when I see how much is in my hands it is a lot to know that I am still slowly losing ground.

I have had that type of shed as you were saying earlier where it is everywhere you go during the day and it is coming out of your head every time you pull at it likely, it happened when I took 5000mg biotin for a week it caused my hair to go through a MASSIVE TE. since then I will never take a large amount of biotin.

I've never put minoxidil on my head but If i were you I would not have stopped minoxidil. I would have continued. But i wouldn't give up hope because most likely DUT will work for you as it is a super strong finasteride, and finasteride works for most people. so DUT on paper should work for everybody. just not me lol

Well damn, my excessive shedding actually started a couple days after starting 10000 Mcg Biotin. I stopped taking them after a few days because I’m the type that will undo everything prior to the event. However, i started back on it now. I did not know Biotin could cause a TE because the general dosage is 5000 or 10000 mcg. I’m gonna quit that too now that I’m paranoid. How long did it take you to recover from the TE, when did it stop?

It was July of 2017 and I was a NW2 and the thing with TEs are you never know when you recover if you are still progressing with hair loss, I wouldn't say I recovered but it just did some damage, by putting tons of anagen hair into telogen, my hairloss has never been halted so i imagine those follicles miniaturized. But I was shedding loads for 3 months straight.