+ Reply to Thread

Default Am I Balding? 23 Year Old

Hi everyone, first time user! So please mind my juvenile tone:

It all started in January, when I met a girl at a bar and failed miserably in seducing her. Ashamed, I went home and cried myself to sleep (okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic). The next morning I woke up and dragged my fingers through my hair. It felt thinner. I looked in the mirror and swore I saw a thinning crown. I panicked, and have since been compulsively taking photos of my hair, to see if it's actually going away.

I checked with a dermatologist and my barber, each said that my hair looks fine and that there are no signs of balding.

But I can't shake the feeling that my locks are falling out, especially because my dad, his dad, as well as HIS DAD all went bald. However, my mother's father had a full head of hair all his life.

So I don't know, is it actually thinning? Or am I just stressing out over nothing? Please look at the photos below! Some of which are of my hair when wet. Plus, most of these are taken with a flash on.

THANK YOU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1062.jpg

Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	64795   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1037.jpg

Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	64799   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1063.jpg

Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	64800   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1138.jpg

Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	64796   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1040.jpg

Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	64797   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1102.jpg

Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	64798  

Quote Originally Posted by smithersbly View Post
    Hi everyone, first time user! So please mind my juvenile tone:

It all started in January, when I met a girl at a bar and failed miserably in seducing her. Ashamed, I went home and cried myself to sleep (okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic). The next morning I woke up and dragged my fingers through my hair. It felt thinner. I looked in the mirror and swore I saw a thinning crown. I panicked, and have since been compulsively taking photos of my hair, to see if it's actually going away.

I checked with a dermatologist and my barber, each said that my hair looks fine and that there are no signs of balding.

But I can't shake the feeling that my locks are falling out, especially because my dad, his dad, as well as HIS DAD all went bald. However, my mother's father had a full head of hair all his life.

So I don't know, is it actually thinning? Or am I just stressing out over nothing? Please look at the photos below! Some of which are of my hair when wet. Plus, most of these are taken with a flash on.

THANK YOU
    Am no expert but looking at your picture it looks fine but if you are losing substantial amount of hair by the handful and as you said your father and his father before him had MPB (male pattern baldness) then i would get a second opinion from another dermatologist because it can be the start of MPB and ask your GP or dermatologist if there is some non drug type supplement to maintain a healthy scalp as going in to pharmaceutical grade drugs is not every ones cup of tea as it is a messy and often lifelong treatment , Am currently at the norwood 5-6 scale of hair loss see attachment , As you can see am currently using Topical Dusteride-D5A and bimatoprost-FR10 minoxidil and it is a daily routine before i go to bed and can end up all my life on these treatments so if you can maintain what you got which i would say you have 95% left without going in to these hardcore treatments then it is most certainly better option but do seek second professional opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3697.jpg

Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	64805