+ Reply to Thread

Default Question for Dr. Baubac

Hello Dr. Baubac,

I had a very rude interaction with your patient coordinator Eric today. Is that how you treat potential clients? I got an email on costs on Oct 2nd and appreciated you working with me very much but had not had a chance to respond back since it’s only been 3 days but then I get this email from Eric. I let him know I thought his response was rude and unprofessional which I got a response back saying you will not be taking me on as a client. Is this the kind of rude sales tactics your clinic uses? I hope this is not an image of how your clinic overall is but I wanted you to be aware what a disservice your patient coordinator is doing for your clinic. I can send or post the entire email string with dates on it to show the full context.

Within 3 days of the original email:

Allen,

It doesn’t seem like our services are within your budget. I am going to go ahead and close your file. We wish you all the best.

Eric
    Senior Patient Consultant

phone 310-652-6444 ext 128
    eric@alviarmani.com

www.alviarmani.com
    Last edited by drpepper68; 10-05-2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Typo

Same experience. Although, different context. Very early on in my communication with Eric, upon asking him to see Dr. Baubac for an in person consultation, he sent a very unprofessional and rude response. He then proceeded to pressure me repeatedly in subsequent communications with Dr. Baubac’s ever shrinking availability and other cheesy/amateur sales tactics. And, yes, I too got the “closing your file” treatment.

I wish they would have closed my file. Would have saved me much heartache.

Oh, no. What happened? While Dr. Baubac’s sales guy is clearly ego tripping and could use an AA, he is highly reviewed/recommended and appears to be a very skilled transplant doctor.

Reviewed by whom? Recommended by whom? Joe T? Ask joe if he’s ever been to the clinic. Ask him if he knows they surprise you with an NDA before surgery so you can’t post about your surgery in forums. Is that ethical? Is it ethical for the doctor to leave the room as soon as he finishes the incisions and never see the patient again before he leaves and not even monitor the tech’s graft distribution at all? is it ethical to not extract enough single hairs to provide a natural result for a patient and instead fill it with doubles triples pointing in strange directions? Is it ethical to never have a follow up with a patient post op or if a patient has complications post op to never allow them to come in and see you? Like I said...I wish I was as lucky as you and they closed my file. Good luck with whatever you do.

Yikes! Good info to know! Dude, sorry you had a bad experience. I was referring to general reviews and sentiments in this forum, as well as others. You know, people who have gone to Dr. Baubac and posted their pics and experiences. I am not defending him. Especially, if he did a patient/client dirty. That’s bad news and business. Btw, who is Joe T?

Where do you see genuine people posting pics and talking about their experiences? If you’re talking about clinic posted results you shouldn’t trust only clinic posted results. Joe t is Joe Tillman he is a representative for some clinics and he recommends baubac. I assumed you meant him as he’s the only person with some credibility I know of that recommends him.

Thanks for your replies guys. It makes me feel better I am not the only one. I'm sorry to hear of your issues sam818. I think I am going to go with Dr Cole in Atlanta since this whole experience has left me uncomfortable.

That’s great. Coincidentally, I talked to Dr. Cole’s office this week and spoke with Vicky. It was a much, much different experience than dealing with Dr. Baubac’s clinic. One, they took the time to talk to me and provide a consultation. Two, Vicky was respectful, kind, considerate, thorough and didn’t try to pressure me in the slightest bit. I’m waiting on the official quote, but the per graft fee is about the same as Dr. Baubac at $8 per graft for fully shaved. She’s going to provide a travel discount and see about helping with a slightly better deal if I can wait and book my procedure in Jan or Feb. PRP and other services are extra.

Quote Originally Posted by sam818 View Post
    .,,Is it ethical for the doctor to leave the room as soon as he finishes the incisions and never see the patient again before he leaves and not even monitor the tech’s graft distribution at all? is it ethical to not extract enough single hairs to provide a natural result for a patient and instead fill it with doubles triples pointing in strange directions? .,.
    Hi. Did this happen to you personally with Dr. Baubac ? Thanks.