Threaded View

Default F*ck finasteride

Hello to all my fellow balding friends,

I have recently turned 22 - I have noticed for a while (maybe 2 years) that the hair above my temples has been creeping back, not necessarily noticeable to anyone apart from me when I pull my hair back but one day around 3 months ago I noticed it was getting considerably worse. SO, I decided to start taking finasteride around 2 weeks after much deliberation and research (which in hindsight a terrible thing to even consider when you have thick hair and not already noticeably balding) - around a week or maybe 2 weeks in to taking it, my hair starts shedding like crazy. This shedding literally has never stopped from the entirety of me taking finasteride and now I have gone from not even close to being bald, to literally my last layer of hair. It has also turned my hair lifeless, greasy and incredibly thin. For some reason it took me 2 and a half ****ing months and less optimistic research that I have decided that finasteride has been a horrible blight on my hair so I am now staying away from that shit. FINASTERIDE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE - please don't make the mistake I did as the longer you use it the more hair you will undoubtedly kill. I know I am not the only one who will and has suffered from this as I have read about a lot of similar experiences. Fortunately, the hair-loss has been diagnosed as a telogen efflivium as 95% of the hair lost had a small white bulb on the end of the hair which means the hair root is still active so most of my hair should hopefully grow back. I am simply issuing this as a warning - if your body reacts the same way as mine don't keep it going, attempt to find another remedy that works for you. Anyway, **** the long term effects of finasteride - it's not worth losing hair over, I don't know why it took me so long to realize that. I wish I could go back in time and never take this horrible scam of a drug.

Thanks for listening and let me know if you have had a similar experience!