+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair Transplant Doctors in New Jersey/New York/PA?

I want to get a hair transplant done & have been researching doctors etc. but every doctors website states they're the best in the field! Can anybody recommend a reputable doctor in the NYC/NJ area or if there is a great doctor somewhere in the US I am willing to travel.... Thanks

A hair transplant surgeon's website is nothing more then a yellow page ad. Some are just more flashy then others. Go to www.iahrs.org to find the best hair transplant surgeons in New York. There’s also a list of this forum http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1495

what is your age and level of baldness?

Don't rush in you will regret it, I rushed in a little, picked a great doc and still regret it. I did a lot of research

Default Doctor in nj

I'm 34 & the back of my crown is pretty bald I have hair in the front but it's falling out..

Default What happened

Did you get a bad hairtransplant?

There are no guarantees in hair transplant surgery. For some it’s the best thing they ever did for themselves, but for others it doesn’t work out as well as they hoped. What I love about this forum is that you hear both sides of the coin, which allows people to make educated decisions. This forum it feels like friends helping friends. I think Mr. 4000 is right about not rushing into hair transplant surgery, but I also think that lots of people are happy if it works out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ccrispy View Post
    Did you get a bad hairtransplant?
    by my standards, its really bad

If you are 34 and have no crown and the rest is falling out, and thinning

The next question is what do you want out of the procedure, what are your expectations?

I want to get a hair transplant done & have been researching doctors etc. but every doctors website states they're the best in the field! Can anybody recommend a reputable doctor in the NYC/NJ area or if there is a great doctor somewhere in the US I am willing to travel.... Thanks

ccrispy,

At 34 you are ceratinly not too young for a HT. The real issue is "Are you a candiate for the procedure," based on your individual profile. This would include the assessment of your available donor, your hairloss to date, and your goals and expectations.

As long as you fully understand the dynamics of the procedure including the risks, and have done adequate research, the educated patient is then more oriented to setting realistic goals for their lifetime.

To answer your first question, try contacting Dr. Bob True in lower Manhattan. He is very accomplished in both strip and FUE. Both he and Dr. Bob Dorin do excellent work and have long reputations in this field. If you are close to their Manhattan clinic, you can set-up a time to meet with Dr. True and see more examples of his combined work over your lunch hour.

Best wishes to you.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Dr. Epstein in NYC

Dr. Epstein has an office in NYC. He is a highly reputable hair restoration doctor. You can go to his website at www.foundhair.com.

Quote Originally Posted by austinpeay1999 View Post
    Dr. Epstein has an office in NYC. He is a highly reputable hair restoration doctor. You can go to his website at www.foundhair.com.
    Does he do surgery there or just consults?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin