Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jackb
    • Nov 2008

Depression?

is it true, Propecia may cause Depression?
  • davesolazzo
    • Oct 2008

No...I dont think so. Actually I have never heard of anyone claiming to have experienced depresssion because of taking Propecia. If anything it might have the opposite effect. Propecia helped ease my depression. Once I realized that it was working I had something to look forward to each day--better hair! That was pretty exciting and that made me feel a lot better.

Comment

• Lefty76
      • Nov 2008

I think hairloss itself is more likely to cause depression. I can vouch for that.

Comment

• bigmac
        • Nov 2008

I`ve never heard of it causing depression either,it will probably be down to your hairloss and worrying about it.

Comment

• SpencerKobren
          Administrator
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by bigmac
          I`ve never heard of it causing depression either,it will probably be down to your hairloss and worrying about it.
          I think it's only depression if you're one of the guys who don't do well on the drug. To my knowledge there is no clinical data that indicates depression as a side effect of Propecia
          Spencer Kobren
          Founder, American Hair Loss Association
          Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Comment

• TeeJay73
            • Oct 2008

It seems like the "side effects" of Propecia have been over-sensationalized. I've been on the drug for about 11 months and haven't noticed anything, except better, stronger hair.

Comment

• davesolazzo
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TeeJay73
              It seems like the "side effects" of Propecia have been over-sensationalized.
              well said...i agree completely. no side effects for me either--and it's been almost 8 years.

Comment

Working...