Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • River
    • Mar 2009

TRX2 is bullshit.
    The guy behind it is an internet entrepreneur turned biochemist, not a pharmacologist.

He claims that:
    By combining powerful metabolic stimulants (Potassium, BCAA, Nicotinic Acid) with a natural energy-generating substance (L-carnitine), the researchers found they could promote hair growth on a molecular level.

This is basically scientific sounding gibberish that does not make any sense at all. If he found something that could create new hair follicles, he would say so. If he found something would strengthen existing hair follicles, he would say so. All he has said was that his bullshit vitamin solution could promote hair growth on a molecular level. Ie, he hasn't claimed to do anything.

Sorry to break it to you, but Txr2 is a scam.

Comment

• Fixed by 35
      • Mar 2010

I was going to write a long post, but instead I'll just say wait and see. Their PR dept is rubbish, but for me, personally, there are positive signs. If you can't see them, and instead choose the factually incorrect rumours you have stated above, that's up to you.

Comment

• Hamish Stewart
        • Oct 2010

Recoverup Hair Regeneration using Stem Cells.

Originally posted by Fixed by 35
        Would it be possible to have some evidence of the company's authenticity and evidence that the product works, with an independent peer review?
        Absolutely. I have raised your question internally and have been pushing the key Doctor who originated the procedure to complete a peer review. We are currently evaluating the right peers to do this.

Over the past few months, we've had over a dozen different doctors, in Italy, Germany, UK, Japan, US, etc. all wanting to know (i) what our process is, (ii) what equipment we use, (iii) the way we process and inject the stem cells. Etc.

Whilst of course we would like to share information as much as possible, there is also a business interest involved here; We can't patent the process and even if we could, we would need a huge legal team to defend it. Hence, if we release all our findings without some form of protection, our company, and the key Dr. would have no way to recoup our several years of R&D investment (which by the way required several hundreds of thousands of pounds that we still need to recoup).

To answer your question Fixed by 35; in a nutshell, yes. I have raised the issue of peer review, and we are in the process of finding the right way to do this, without putting ourselves out of business.

Hamish Stewart, Marketing Manager.
        Recoverup; A new hair loss treatment using stem cells ethically, safely and effectively.
        Last edited by Hamish Stewart; 10-27-2010, 02:55 AM. Reason: missed original quote

Comment

• Hamish Stewart
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Fixed by 35
          Actually, there is a credible reason for avoiding the media until all medical trials have finished; it saves a fortune on public relations dealing with sceptics like us! Apparently, it is normally a massive burden on a research company, which I can understand.

Of course, the media will only really be interested with new ideas anyway, not better versions of old ideas. Recoverup isn't interesting.

Good luck to the company, I'll pay attention when you have a track record.
          Yes, you've got a good point here. We've ended up spending a huge amount of resources dealing with online skeptics. And to be fair, I think that's okay. For sure there are a lot of stem cell clinics out there that are borderline legal, and make outlandish claims, etc.

Hence, I was hired by the management to simply state, as openly and transparently as possible, our situation, where we are with this, and try to help potential customers make a decision on whether to try this treatment.

We do have a treatment that works in certain kinds of hair loss conditions. And the treatment is not expensive.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get our side of the story out there. I appreciate the space.

Hamish Stewart, Marketing Manager.

Comment

• TheDude
            • Oct 2010

Well at the least im optimistic

This is very interesting and i wish and your team the best..

Hopefully you guys can provide us with some credible evidence in the near future

Comment

Working...