+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Actually, there is a credible reason for avoiding the media until all medical trials have finished; it saves a fortune on public relations dealing with sceptics like us! Apparently, it is normally a massive burden on a research company, which I can understand.

Of course, the media will only really be interested with new ideas anyway, not better versions of old ideas. Recoverup isn't interesting.

Good luck to the company, I'll pay attention when you have a track record.

Fair enough.. i submit to the points made.. i really do hope that there is something more to this company but will take note when there's something to take note of..

Healthy scepticism, definitely. It's hard to remain objective, because of the number of scams out there, so it's important to remember a lot of genuine companies are seeking the holy grail to make a massive fortune!

I think Recoverup is genuine, but I don't think it's a frontrunner. I think TRX2 will be the product everyone is talking about in 2011, but I'm sticking my neck out for that claim!

Hmm i actually didn't know about this product.. just shows how many possible formulae's for hair loss that there are out there..

my only complaint would be that it just seems like another kind of propecia in that if your totally bald it aint for you.. i mean there are many questions unanswered about this product..

like usual im skeptical but hope something comes out of this..

The site states the product will be available come Jan 2010, so i guess if its the real deal we'll be hearing a hell of a lot more about it

I sincerely hope that if this product is legitimate, that they then work on products for those who have balded beyond Norwood IV. However, I must say Norwood V + seems to be a point of no return and I am sincerely glad that I've medicated to avoid the extreme end of baldness in readiness for more effective treatments.

TRX2 is bullshit.
    The guy behind it is an internet entrepreneur turned biochemist, not a pharmacologist.

He claims that:
    By combining powerful metabolic stimulants (Potassium, BCAA, Nicotinic Acid) with a natural energy-generating substance (L-carnitine), the researchers found they could promote hair growth on a molecular level.

This is basically scientific sounding gibberish that does not make any sense at all. If he found something that could create new hair follicles, he would say so. If he found something would strengthen existing hair follicles, he would say so. All he has said was that his bullshit vitamin solution could promote hair growth on a molecular level. Ie, he hasn't claimed to do anything.

Sorry to break it to you, but Txr2 is a scam.

I was going to write a long post, but instead I'll just say wait and see. Their PR dept is rubbish, but for me, personally, there are positive signs. If you can't see them, and instead choose the factually incorrect rumours you have stated above, that's up to you.

Default Recoverup Hair Regeneration using Stem Cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Would it be possible to have some evidence of the company's authenticity and evidence that the product works, with an independent peer review?
    Absolutely. I have raised your question internally and have been pushing the key Doctor who originated the procedure to complete a peer review. We are currently evaluating the right peers to do this.

Over the past few months, we've had over a dozen different doctors, in Italy, Germany, UK, Japan, US, etc. all wanting to know (i) what our process is, (ii) what equipment we use, (iii) the way we process and inject the stem cells. Etc.

Whilst of course we would like to share information as much as possible, there is also a business interest involved here; We can't patent the process and even if we could, we would need a huge legal team to defend it. Hence, if we release all our findings without some form of protection, our company, and the key Dr. would have no way to recoup our several years of R&D investment (which by the way required several hundreds of thousands of pounds that we still need to recoup).

To answer your question Fixed by 35; in a nutshell, yes. I have raised the issue of peer review, and we are in the process of finding the right way to do this, without putting ourselves out of business.

Hamish Stewart, Marketing Manager.
    Recoverup; A new hair loss treatment using stem cells ethically, safely and effectively.
    Last edited by Hamish Stewart; 10-27-2010 at 02:55 AM. Reason: missed original quote

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Actually, there is a credible reason for avoiding the media until all medical trials have finished; it saves a fortune on public relations dealing with sceptics like us! Apparently, it is normally a massive burden on a research company, which I can understand.

Of course, the media will only really be interested with new ideas anyway, not better versions of old ideas. Recoverup isn't interesting.

Good luck to the company, I'll pay attention when you have a track record.
    Yes, you've got a good point here. We've ended up spending a huge amount of resources dealing with online skeptics. And to be fair, I think that's okay. For sure there are a lot of stem cell clinics out there that are borderline legal, and make outlandish claims, etc.

Hence, I was hired by the management to simply state, as openly and transparently as possible, our situation, where we are with this, and try to help potential customers make a decision on whether to try this treatment.

We do have a treatment that works in certain kinds of hair loss conditions. And the treatment is not expensive.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get our side of the story out there. I appreciate the space.

Hamish Stewart, Marketing Manager.

Well at the least im optimistic

This is very interesting and i wish and your team the best..

Hopefully you guys can provide us with some credible evidence in the near future