+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member here

Default New member here

Hello, I new here , i have been reading the topic on this forum..And i found something new about baldness cure and want to share with all of you. So , it will also let me know its advantages and disadvantages. I am 22 years old. Facing hair loss when i was 18. Now i am at norwood 2-3.
    Even i thought about committing suicide many times due to hairloss. It disturbed my life.

Default I can relate

After years of wearing my hair in a tight clip, last year to my horror I discovered I had scratched a patch out of the back, so became a woman with a bald spot! I had hair transplant surgery just under a month ago, and am a pile of nerves waiting for the hair to grow in. I definitely had suicidal thoughts. I didn't think hair loss could affect people so much, but boy it sure does! Please hang in there! Have you been trying anything to address your hair loss issues?

I wish I would have seen this post earlier. You found the best place on earth to talk about your hair loss! When I first found the Bald Truth the one lesson that helped to heal me is when Spencer Kobren said, “there is life after hair loss” and “that we are not alone in this.” Those two phrases have changed my view and have changed my life. You can get past this and you can win this battle!
    You should call Spencer on his show and speak with him. He has a way of putting everything into perspective for us.

As much as I am ashamed to admit it, I too have felt similar emotions towards the slow torture that is hair loss.

This may sound an extreme view but its exactly how I feel towards it. Sometimes I just wish it would all fall out overnight and spare me this gradual descent into a more intense depressive state.

Who would have thought that a lack of simple keratin could cause us so much misery eh?

I feel like a freak show walking down the street.... Come on God take the f***ing lot and lets get it over with!

Guys
    All the sympathy in the world. I know how you feel.
    Im 50, and I am FINALLY over my hair loss. I started losing it at 15, sophomore year in school.

I shave my head now. I own my own business and make great money. Im married. Now, things are good. Not so in high school and college.
    Everything, and I mean everything, that happened in my day was related to my hairloss. I too wanted to end it. I think it was because I had no control over what was happening.

No control AND hair was HUGELY IMPORTANT in the 80's. Check out the rock bands in those years compared to now....notice any difference? Today hair loss, baldness and shaving is MUCH more excepted, even though its still not something anyone would want.

There are tons of hideous sad stories I could tell you, but the biggest point is this. I LET MY BALDNESS CONTROL, UTTERLY CONTROL MY LIFE. WHAT I THOUGHT, WHAT I DID, WHAT I WANTED TO DO, WHAT I HAD TO DO...EVERYTHING. EVERY EFFIN THING. I hate baldness like it was a person. BUt, ulitmately I did all the lonliness to myself.

So, you guys have to figure out what OPTIONS you have and which you can live with. Look, work hard, make a ton of cash and boom, your biggest problem with hair loss, women, will be over......come to think of it, cash solves most problems. But that avenue is up to you. Shave, develop a great body, or career....all this HELPS overcome this bitch. Find a bit of peace in knowing its not the leprosy it was 30 years ago, and science HAS given you a few option.

Don't do what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by gabagool View Post
    Guys
    All the sympathy in the world. I know how you feel.
    Im 50, and I am FINALLY over my hair loss. I started losing it at 15, sophomore year in school.

I shave my head now. I own my own business and make great money. Im married. Now, things are good. Not so in high school and college.
    Everything, and I mean everything, that happened in my day was related to my hairloss. I too wanted to end it. I think it was because I had no control over what was happening.

No control AND hair was HUGELY IMPORTANT in the 80's. Check out the rock bands in those years compared to now....notice any difference? Today hair loss, baldness and shaving is MUCH more excepted, even though its still not something anyone would want.

I hear you.

Any idea how to make a ton of cash? lol
    What business are you in?

Regards
    There are tons of hideous sad stories I could tell you, but the biggest point is this. I LET MY BALDNESS CONTROL, UTTERLY CONTROL MY LIFE. WHAT I THOUGHT, WHAT I DID, WHAT I WANTED TO DO, WHAT I HAD TO DO...EVERYTHING. EVERY EFFIN THING. I hate baldness like it was a person. BUt, ulitmately I did all the lonliness to myself.

So, you guys have to figure out what OPTIONS you have and which you can live with. Look, work hard, make a ton of cash and boom, your biggest problem with hair loss, women, will be over......come to think of it, cash solves most problems. But that avenue is up to you. Shave, develop a great body, or career....all this HELPS overcome this bitch. Find a bit of peace in knowing its not the leprosy it was 30 years ago, and science HAS given you a few option.

Don't do what I did.
    What business are you in?

I own a restaurant now, a few actually.

And I remember being the head guy in the kitchen for others......ALWAYS WEARING THAT DAMN BASEBALL HAT....I went EVERYWHERE WITH that hat. No hat, I don't go. I missed so many damn events......but, you know, Im not mad at myself, I FEEL SORRY FOR ME AND OTHER ALSO, because there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it, EXCEPT GET USED TO IT.

Shaving your head was out of the queston, the 80's were NOT a time where you shaved your head. No meds were out. It sucked big time.

Thats why, while I know how you feel, I want to tell you that you have OPTIONS, NOW.

ANd lastly, I want to tell you something. I didn't like going bald, I looked worse. But the thing that REALLY bugged me was the fact that i was DIFFERENT. I always felt that as I got older and losing ones hair became more common, I would hate it less....and you know what?? I did. As my friends lost their hair, I began to feel that I fit in again, I wan't some freak.
    BUT, THE WAITING PERIOD FOR THIS IS A BITCH.

Now, I shave my head, and it FEELS GREAT. Id rather HAVE HAIR, don't get me wrong. But, for a white guy, I don't look so bad. My head is shaped right, I grow a nice beard. I'm not hideous. Plus, let me tell you, as you grow older, you hair becomes less and less important. In your thirties, you EARNING potential begins to raise its ugly head and NOW BANG!, you have another vehicle in which you can feel bad about yourself.....BUT, and this is a big but, YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT EARNINGS, YOU HAVE CONTROL!!! Ands thats a whole other ballgame.

You know how many years I talked to NO ONE about my hair loss. How many years, I never even UTTERED the word BALD. Never, never, ever.....it sucked big time.

But, you gotta fight through it, you just GOTTA.

Mark

I just vented there, I'm sorry. I will listen AND understand what you are going through.

I remember the day I first realized I was losing my hair. Let me tell you this. I've lost my dad. I cried AS MUCH the day I figured out I was going bald as the day my dad died!! Do you know how hideous that is?? ANd I'm NOT a bad or overly vain person. I CANNOT for the life of me, figure out why my hair made me as upset as losing my dad, but it did. It deflated my more than anything i have EVER experienced. I thought I was alone in this thought and feeling.

BUt, now I see I'm one of many.

Hello Guys i am Hari ,New to this forum.......I just come here to share my opinion about hair problems with each others.Welcome to all new members .Have a Good Day !