+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Thanks for the reply. In the past 4 days, Ive taken 4 DUT capsules and 1 finasteride. I figured it was better to let the DUT kick in sooner than waiting awhile for it to lower DHT levels. Is it too late to do the 5-6 days propecia and 1-2 DUT per week? So far I havn’t washed my hair in 2 days because of the emotional roller coaster of counting hundreds of hairs. It’s made my life a living hell.

Do you have any pictures? I bet it is not as bad as you think.

Just an update. It’s now been about 16 days since I started taking DUT. It’s really hard to tell if it is doing anything yet, as I’m still shedding hundreds of hairs daily from all over my scalp (behind my ears, sides, donor area, etc). It’s difficult to assess this early because when I got on Avodart I was already shedding. On September 7th I foolishly applied Minoxidil to my hair line, and after speaking with multiple doctors I’m convinced that it triggered acute TE. However, thats not to say that fin didn’t lose its effectiveness for me, because it certainly did. The signs were there before the Minox application.

My hair has thinned out substantially so I was forced to buzz down my hair to a 1/4 inch. Even then, while shampooing or applying almond oil to my scalp, I still shed a great amount. At this point I’ve decided to stay on DUT and weather the storm even though I’m emotionally done. If all fails and I become bald, I may just look into shaving my head completely and go the scalp micropigmentation route.

I am clinging on to whatever little hope I have left. I’m still a NW 1.5 approaching NW2 pattern but losing density all over my head. As far as sides are concerned, DUT is def stronger than fin. Brain fog, testicle ache, headaches and depression are the main sides I’m experiencing. Fin had them too, but not as elevated. I’ll update in about another 2 weeks.

Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by GoingBald34 View Post
    Just an update. It’s now been about 16 days since I started taking DUT. It’s really hard to tell if it is doing anything yet, as I’m still shedding hundreds of hairs daily from all over my scalp (behind my ears, sides, donor area, etc). It’s difficult to assess this early because when I got on Avodart I was already shedding. On September 7th I foolishly applied Minoxidil to my hair line, and after speaking with multiple doctors I’m convinced that it triggered acute TE. However, thats not to say that fin didn’t lose its effectiveness for me, because it certainly did. The signs were there before the Minox application.

My hair has thinned out substantially so I was forced to buzz down my hair to a 1/4 inch. Even then, while shampooing or applying almond oil to my scalp, I still shed a great amount. At this point I’ve decided to stay on DUT and weather the storm even though I’m emotionally done. If all fails and I become bald, I may just look into shaving my head completely and go the scalp micropigmentation route.

I am clinging on to whatever little hope I have left. I’m still a NW 1.5 approaching NW2 pattern but losing density all over my head. As far as sides are concerned, DUT is def stronger than fin. Brain fog, testicle ache, headaches and depression are the main sides I’m experiencing. Fin had them too, but not as elevated. I’ll update in about another 2 weeks.
    I figured it was better to let the DUT kick in sooner than waiting awhile for it to lower DHT levels. Is it too late to do the 5-6 days propecia and 1-2 DUT per week?

Quote Originally Posted by GoingBald34 View Post

My hair has thinned out substantially so I was forced to buzz down my hair to a 1/4 inch. Even then, while shampooing or applying almond oil to my scalp, I still shed a great amount. At this point I’ve decided to stay on mouse clicker DUT and weather the storm even though I’m emotionally done. If all fails and I become bald, I may just look into shaving my head completely and go the scalp micropigmentation route.

I figured it was better to let the DUT kick in sooner than waiting awhile for it to lower DHT levels. Is it too late to do the 5-6 days propecia and 1-2 DUT per week?

Update:

I didn’t want to be the one who disappears never to be heard from again. So I’m back to update you and give hope to those who are losing the battle on finasteride or are still shedding on Dut many months in. I apologize if I never updated as I stated, there was nothing really positive to post. It was bad, real bad.

In short, Dutasteride stopped my hair loss dead in it’s tracks around 6.5 months in. In those 6 months, it was the darkest times I have ever witnessed. I would wake up to dozens of hair on the pillow, 300+ hairs in the shower daily. I could literally gently pull anywhere on my scalp and always end up with 1-4 hairs. I was counting hairs daily, hair loss had overtaken my mental state of mind. I was losing a grip on life and reality.

This continued daily for 6 months. I dreaded taking showers, hair was everywhere. On the pillow, bed, sink, toilet seat, shampoo bottles, on my pants, phone screen, in the car, in my food. I lived and bathed in hair.

Yes my density took a major hit, the edges of my hair line regressed and thinned overall, but now I start the recovery process. I may never have the density I had just 7 months ago without some major regrowth or some kind of transplant, but it’s a liberating feeling that my hair loss is now ZERO. Dutasteride works, and it works well for those who respond.

Best of luck