Almost bald. Advice on possible cure for very thin hair.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Windz
    • Sep 2019

Almost bald. Advice on possible cure for very thin hair.

Hello I am very happy to join this forum, I would be more, if I haven't got these issues with my thinning hair got that far I am 27 and I don't know on which Norwood scale I am, but I still have some hair on the scalp in low count and very thin. I started thinning and loosing my hair when I was 22yo in large amount of hair in couple of months. I tried to maintain the hair fall with quinine products, but no luck. I can see the hair on the crown is very small, bright and weak.

I am currently very anxious about my hair and I would like to at least make my crown look thicker, hopefully grow my hair back. Do you think I have any hope? I am thinking of taking Saw Palmetto 2x160 (85-95% standardized saw palmetto extract (10:1)) twice a day in the morning, recently started to use Nizoral shampoo and Microneedling twice a week. I am very concerned about ordering Minoxidil 5% from Kirkland as I am afraid I will loose all the remaining hair I have on the head (if I quit after a year, etc.). Are there any good supplements, besides Finasteride, Dutasteride, Propecia etc.?
    Do you think if I gain any hair in a year or half a year of using minoxidil with saw palmetto and then lower the local appliance on scalp from twice a day to once a day till I stop using it cause all the hair to fall out if I stay on saw palmetto forever in order to block the DHT?

Please, see my pics on below link (longer hair during the summer and recent very short haircut):

I appreciate your answers and advices. Thank you very much.
  • mrclean
    • Jan 2017

I never had any luck with saw palmetto. If you start rogaine you have to make a commitment to stay on it or you will lose everything you gained from it. I would get on finasteride and hope for better treatments in the future.

Comment

Working...