Is it harmful to touch your grafts after smoking?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhal22
    • Dec 2014

Is it harmful to touch your grafts after smoking?

I had a hair transplant 5 weeks ago. At 5 weeks post-op, i got a haircut. The hairstylist was a very heavy smoker (she reeked of cigarette smoke). I’m not sure she washed her hands in between smoking and cutting my hair. Assuming she did not wash her hands, could the nicotine on her hands negatively impact my grafts? thanks.
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

Wow - Thats a first. I doubt any harm caused as she will have worn gloves... Or should have.
    What clinics was this ?
    Regards
    Spex
    A world renowned hair loss and hair transplant adviser. Spex has received several hair transplant procedures along with appropriate treatments!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• rhal22
      • Dec 2014

thank you for the reply. no gloves were worn. this was a salon, not a clinic. thanks again.

Comment

• Spex
        Dr Representative
        • Nov 2008

No gloves and performed in a salon............ Holy shit!!!!!
        If you are genuine you need call into the radio show and share this story.
        Regards
        Spex
        A world renowned hair loss and hair transplant adviser. Spex has received several hair transplant procedures along with appropriate treatments!
        Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• rhal22
          • Dec 2014

I apologize for the misunderstanding. the hair transplant was not performed in a salon. at 5 weeks post-op, I got a haircut in a salon.

Comment

• John P. Cole, MD
            • Dec 2008

Smokers get hair transplants all the time. Their bloodstreams are flowing with nicotine and other noxious chemicals. Their grafts grow quite well. They just don't bleed as much during surgery. Your grafts should be fine. However, your hair may have smelled a little like you just left the smoker's lounge. Fortunately, your grafts will forgive you.

Comment

• rhal22
              • Dec 2014

that’s good to know! thank you for your input.

Comment

Working...