+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default topical finasteride results?

HI All,

After a promising study Dr Chiara Insalaco using a 2% finasteride I was wondering if any users on the forum have tried her or similar compounds? I understand Dr Cole & Hassang & Wong offer formulations in North America, along with mindoxilmax. Any users or reactions out there?

NV

Quote Originally Posted by nobel victim View Post
    HI All,

After a promising study Dr Chiara Insalaco using a 2% finasteride I was wondering if any users on the forum have tried her or similar compounds? I understand Dr Cole & Hassang & Wong offer formulations in North America, along with mindoxilmax. Any users or reactions out there?

NV
    You don't need any dr's "magic" formula. Rogaine 5% has been over the counter for years and is the way to go.

Topical finasteride works far better than oral finasteride and topical minoxidil.

Hi Dr Cole! Lovely to hear from you, I'm hoping to start a higher strength topical finasteride in the near future. I've been very loyal to the dualgen 15, which is 0.1% fin, for a few years since the end of the ******* products. Would you advise discontinuation of any other topical treatment after adopting 2% finasteride, to avoid finasteride sides for example? Very best NV

I have had good results with topical finesteride and other additives.

I currently use Murray Avenue Apothecary topical lotion:

15% minoxidil
    0.1% finesteride
    5% azelaic acid
    0.25% progesterone
    0.025% tretinoin
    0.1% hydrocortisone

Jazz1 posted the details and link here how to order:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...o-need-HELP%21

Quote Originally Posted by nobel victim View Post
    Hi Dr Cole! Lovely to hear from you, I'm hoping to start a higher strength topical finasteride in the near future. I've been very loyal to the dualgen 15, which is 0.1% fin, for a few years since the end of the ******* products. Would you advise discontinuation of any other topical treatment after adopting 2% finasteride, to avoid finasteride sides for example? Very best NV
    Hi , Did you see any results using topical finasteride as i have just started using topical dusteride and bimatoprost with minoxidil from minoxi***Express sorry i can not even mention the company but would love to hear from people who has seen some results , My profile picture is my first day of using the above treatment just started today.

Any update? Is topical finasteride 0.25% just as good as oral finasteride?

Quote Originally Posted by jdlondon View Post
    Any update? Is topical finasteride 0.25% just as good as oral finasteride?
    I am using 0.1% from Murray Avenue Apothecary, my results have been fantastic. I do use other products aswell. I also added GroMD shampoo recommended by specs is great. I added 1mm roller with topical finesteride my results have been awesome.

Hello all, long time no post! I've been using 2/2.5% finastetide for about five months now. With no oral finastetide to support it. I think I am having a mild impoverishment, and certainly no losses from the non oral finastetide. Hope that's helpful. Thanks to both Dr Cole and Dr Insalaco for their help here 😊

We don't see many people having side effects from the topical finasteride, but side effects do occur. The side effects with the topical are similar to the oral form of finasteride. Often those, who have side effects are pretty sure they are going to have the side effects before they begin so I always wonder if there is a psychological aspect in some patients.

The 0.1% finasteride is equal to 1 mg of oral finasteride in terms of the quantity of daily dosage. Blood concentrations are less with the topical than with the oral version of the drug and DHT in the bloodstream is reduced less with the topical form.

I have many patients on 1% and 2.5% topical finasteride. I have less experience with topical dutasteride, but it is growing. Certainly, the addition of Latisse is fine. If someone is concerned with the side effect risk, I will usually start them at 0.1% finasteride topical and then increase the concentration overtime to get the desired response. I have been far more impressed with the growth of hair using a topical form than an oral form of the medication.

I am also a big fan of all regenerative products including exosomes, aminotic membrane, good quality PRP, and adipose-derived mesenchymal stromal cells. Of course, one has to have hair to see a response with these. If the scalp is already bald, you don't see much new growth. You can see improvement only in existing hair.