Asmed - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asmed

Default Asmed. Technicians or Dr Koray

Hi,

I’ve decided to go to ASMED in Turkey. I was quoted 2.5euro and I need 2000 grafts and 1.4 euro for the technicians.

Obviously the 1.4 euro per graft is much cheaper. I was thinking maybe the technicians carrying out that procedure might be as good as Dr Koray as they would do more of them. If I pick the cheaper option does Dr Koray have any input? Or would you recommend Dr Koray?

Thanks.
    Joel.

Huh? From what I understand, Dr Erdogan only does the incisions. The extraction and implantation stage is carried out by technicians. Never heard of of ASMED charging different prices. As far as I'm aware it's always been 2.5 euro per graft with ASMED with Erdogan only doing the incisions unless something has changed recently?

This is the reply from Suzana:

Here is an information and if you have any other questions pelase let me know.

ASMED TEAM - Dr Alp Bayramoglu and Head Surgical Assistant Dilek Cakır are part of Asmed Clinic. Head Surgical Assistant Dilek Cakır is a business partner and co-owner of Asmed clinic together with Dr Koray Erdogan. She is in the hair restoration field for the past 20 years. Dr Alp Bayramoğlu is a long time a colleague of Dr Koray Erdogan and using the same ASMED Clinic technique he provides service in hair transplantation to the patients from Turkey. Very recently it was decided for ASMED TEAM to be presented to the foreign clients as well.

Our aim is for everyone to have an opportunity to have an FUE Hair Transplant on the ASMED high-quality standards.

If you go with ASMED TEAM - Dr Alp Bayramoglu and Head Surgical Assistant Dilek Cakır Team the procedure and the standards are completely the same, only the team that opens the incisions is different.

We have hair transplant results from dr Alp Bayramoglu and Head Surgical Assistant Dilek Cakır but most of our patients prefer their results to stay private. To be able to share the photos we need approval in writing from our patients.

Surgical assistants are highly experienced, the minimum of the experienced Surgical assistant is 6 years of experience in extraction and implantation. Here in ASMED Clinic, for 20 years everyone uses completely the same DES Sequential FUE Technique.

So what you think? Should I go for the cheaper option? I’m guessing they could be as good as each other as they are colleagues and both work at ASMED

Quote Originally Posted by Deeside81 View Post
    So what you think? Should I go for the cheaper option? I’m guessing they could be as good as each other as they are colleagues and both work at ASMED
    Dude. Can you copy paste the part when they said how much for each team 1.4 and 2.5? Honestly mate when the main man has been doing some of work it hasnt been that great lately so a cheaper option of another doctor whom is not iahrs is certainly not going to be as good as Erdogan and even he has been slacking. Suzanna said there that they have some results from those orher asmed doctors. How can that be? Those doctors have not been taking charge of surgery at all since the past year. At best they have been doing it when they moved to the new clinic but even that is less than a year so how can those results have come through already? They just have not had enough results for you to consider them. This clinic is not what it used to be. Stop putting price into consideration, thats the mistake i made with this clinic and i regretted it ever since. If you cant afford it , dont get it done, simple. Id be intrigued as to what Joe tillman thinks of this price offer they made to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Huh? From what I understand, Dr Erdogan only does the incisions. The extraction and implantation stage is carried out by technicians. Never heard of of ASMED charging different prices. As far as I'm aware it's always been 2.5 euro per graft with ASMED with Erdogan only doing the incisions unless something has changed recently?
    Ok so since they moved into the new clinic they have brought on a couple of nee doctors who have ONLY been taking charge of their turkish patients and erdogan the other 6. So now they have opened up to having foreign patients been seen to by this other doctor. So the option of erdogan is still there

Here is the paste regarding price;

DR KORAY ERDOGAN -The cost of this procedure is 2.5 Euros per transplanted unit including accommodations for 2-3 nights, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.**

ASMED TEAM - The cost of this procedure is 1.4 Euros per transplanted unit including accommodations for 2-3 nights (Asmed suites, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.**

DR KORAY ERDOGAN -The cost of this procedure is 2.5 Euros per transplanted unit including accommodations for 2-3 nights, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.**

ASMED TEAM - The cost of this procedure is 1.4 Euros per transplanted unit including accommodations for 2-3 nights (Asmed suites, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.**
    Ok what you need to realise is that the koray erdogan package is not him doing all the work, thats just the insisions he does and his techs do the extractions, as well as this he will be doing potentially insisions for a maximum of 5 other patients on the same day.

Ok thanks for that. I think I’ll go with him. The only iahrs guy in U.K. will
    Cost me 10k. So a no brainier going with him.

End of the day it comes down to results. You need to research results not from what the clinic posts, but from what patients themselves post because those are your everyday results from the clinic. Sadly on this forum we do no have alot of patient posted results from this clinic. Look on other forums like htn just happan to have more patient results for asmed. Remember that the clinic will always post their best results. I would strongly say stay away from that other doctor because he has only be taking full charge of patients for less than a year so there really is nothing to go on. Do not take that risk.