+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Surgeon/Clinic Recommendations

So apologies if this has been seen in other well known forums but not having much luck so hoping you guys can offer some advice.

So, thought I’d finally say hello as have been looking around the forums a while now and recently joined.

I’ve been suffering with hair loss for probably 10 years or so now and have been looking into treatments for the last two years. I’m probably Norwood 3 with some thinning in the crown also.

I’ve used minoxidil for several months but suffered really badly with headaches so decided to stop although I was responding quite well to it.

I was always against the idea of finasteride due to side effects, but two months ago starting taking daily so hoping I respond well to this to with no side effects.

In that same period I’ve been researching hair transplants and am now at a point when I need to choose a suitable surgeon.

I’ve read all the info of how important selecting a reputable surgeon is, but budget is important. I can almost rule out Feriduni, Lupanzula and Bis-sanga all who have quoted in excess of 8k. I’ve had consultations in the UK, which have not been the best experiences which encouraged me to look abroad. So having all but ruled out the above I’m debating over the following:

Dr Acar – awaiting quote, package prices listed on site. Have seen a few reviews and results look good too.

Dr Demirsoy – lots of positive reviews on here and results look impressive. Recommended 3000-3500 grafts at 1.25 euro . graft

Hair of Istanbul – great results on Instagram and have spoken to Jeremy McConnell who said good things and looks to have had a great hair and beard transplant. Quoted £3100 maximum grafts (this puts me off slightly)

Dr Sikos (Budapest) – initial discussions good, has good results on website but can’t find many reviews. Listed is IAHRS and very competitive pricing, have formal consultation on Friday

I have a friend heading out to Istanbul in October and his seeing Dr Cinik and has been quoted 2090 for 3900 grafts. Mixed reviews, I’ve read Dr Cinik used to work at Cosmedica too who have a good reputation.

In addition to this I have recently been in touch with Dr Karadeniz who quoted £2300 for a 'session' of between 4000-5000 hairs as opposed to grafts? A little further research into the Dr shows that he did have some endorsement from @JoeTillman and was also on the IAHRS members list but is no more. Anyone had any experience of Dr Karadeniz?

Have also emailed Dr Yaman but yet to receive a response!

Sorry for the essay

Thanks in advance

Any luck Daleyw84? I'm planning on travelling to Istanbul in the coming weeks for HT, but I've yet to decide on clinic! I'm considering Karadeniz (AEK).

I'm still deciding, I've recently seen a few past less than satisfactory results with Dr Yaman but I am sure every surgeon has such cases. I too have spoken with Dr Karadeniz since my original post, the rep Omer, has been helpful but I'm not sure how much involvement the Dr has in some of the "packages" they offer. Dr Demirsoy is another on my list but is slightly out of my reach in terms of price. I've also looked at Dr Sikos in Budapest but waiting list is early next year.

Where are you traveling from and when were you thinking of having procedure done?

Travelling from Dublin. Thinking on Dr. Karadeniz in AEK Clinic later in October. I gather he does all the incisions himself for €3k (premium package).

What other Drs have you considered? I have a friend visiting Istanbul this month and he's seeing Dr Cinik but I've not considered him.

Considered Erdogan and Doganay, but not very seriously.
    Karadeniz talks a good game in his videos, but if I could just see one or two genuine positive patient reports, then I'd push the button and head over straight away.
    Researching is such a bloody nightmare innit?!

Erdogan and Doganay were out of my reach in terms of budget so didn't concat them - how did their prices compare for you?

Research...tell me about it, I can't see the wood for the trees!!

Nah, I didn't contact them for prices or anything - just had them written down as they were recommended (along with Dr. K) by Joe Tillman on a thread I seen on here. He seems to know he shit, but then he has vested interests doesn't he? He used to 'represent' Dr. K it seems, but no longer does.
    Erdogan and Doganay just seem to be the top dogs in Turkey from what I see trawling the forums. Bit dear for me too though. Plus, I start to think 'Dr. K could be just as competent as them but they're reputations are so big now and they've waiting lists that they can charge the big bucks and that itself creates an image of superiority' etc. I was considering getting a price from Erdogan, but then I seen even he has some dodgy reviews. Few people saying he over harvests the donor area as well (Dr. K is recommending 5000 hairs / 2200 grafts for me. Erdogan's site seems to show 5 and 6000 grafts in one HT). The success stories on his website are remarkable though.
    Then I see Dr. K make a video where is says not to be taken in by before/after pics on competitors websites coz they're obviously cherry picked. I'd still like to see some good photo results from Dr. K though, just to get me over the line. Some positive feedback on here from the likes of KARLSH, THEO SABER and IRISHBLOGGER, but none of them have followed up with photos or even comments 8 or 10 or 12 months post op. They say in the immediate aftermath of the operation that it was a positive experience, but sure that's no use if a year down the line you've no hair!
    Daleyw84 - can you post links if you've found any good (or bad!) before/after pics from AEK? Coz I've not found any. If I could see a couple of those, I'd book in for mid October appointment they've offered!

Never had any luck with minoxidil either. If you still need a place I've heard good things about a place in South Florida. DM me if you're interested........

hello guys, it's alan, I'm planning to have hair transplant in istanbul. Please help me out there many many clinics...which ones would you recommend?

Thank uu