Threaded View

Default 18 MONTHS Post-OP Pimples that bleed after FUE transplant HELP!!!

Main Concerns

1. Surgeon diagnosed Infection immediately Post-Op (last session) later told has gone (no visible infections signs of redness)
    2. Pimples recurring over 18 months Post-Op
    3. 2nd Surgery booked next week - Could the new transplanted hair be at risk of a possible underlying infection and/or of falling out?

Hi

Has any doctors and/or patients come across pimples (no pus) that form near to and around transplanted hair follicles in the recipient area that initially swell then bleed? The pimples stay for roughly 4/5 days and heal with topical antibiotic gel (applied 2 x per day).

The doctor that I had the hair transplant is supposed to be one of the best in the world, however from Day 2 Post-Op he mentioned I had an infection localised to the frontal (final) part of the surgery. I was on oral and topical antibiotics. The infection in his words was characterised by "Pain, Redness, Sensitivity, Swelling and yellow pouts"(I did not see this latter symptom and are not visible in any of the pre and post operative pics). He blamed the infection to bacteria from the the air (outside the clinic) entering the pores as soon as I left the clinic on the last day of the surgery (the surgery was over 3 days for 3 parts of the frontal recipient area.

The redness (inflammation) subsided over the course of a few weeks, the crusts fell and the area is clear with no signs of infection.

However, of the next few months some mild redness appears to remain in the frontal section only.

5 months post-op pimple type spots start to appear initially localised to the frontal area but then also in the mid scalp area and the doctor issues more topical antibiotic to treat them and the pimples subside over the course of the next few months and remnants of redness in the frontal area seems to subside at around 7/8 months post-op. The topical antibiotic is discontinued as there is no pimples appearing..

11 months Post-Op new pimples appear and topical antibiotic is applied to clear them.

17/18 months Post-Op and there is still pimples appearing and visibly disappearing with application of topical antibiotic.

The Surgeon has now booked me in for a 2nd surgery next week however I am concerned whether there is an underlying cause that could risk the new implanted hair, do I have cause for concern or should it be ok to have the 2nd surgery?

The surgeon obviously is aware of the situation but does not seem to know with certainty why I have pimples 18 months Post-Op. He is saying it could or could not be bacteria and seems to be masking any pimples with Topical and Oral Antibiotics to take before and after the 2nd surgery. I am not sure what to do I have had a mixed response from surgeons.

A phone call to the dermatologist suggests they may never know the true cause of the pimples or if there is some underlying cause and that they certainly won't be able to provide a diagnosis before the 2nd hair transplant surgery.

I have booked 2 weeks in a 5 start hotel and flights are all booked all non refundable. My brother is also going and is also making a loss with expensive flights and lost incomes.

PS:My brother had a surgery with him following week to mine and did not have any issues and appears to be good (however he had prior surgery with different surgeon before)

Please HELP!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 3b.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	64181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 4c.jpg

Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	64182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 5a.jpg

Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	64183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 6a.jpg