+ Reply to Thread

Default 18 MONTHS Post-OP Pimples that bleed after FUE transplant HELP!!!

Main Concerns

1. Surgeon diagnosed Infection immediately Post-Op (last session) later told has gone (no visible infections signs of redness)
    2. Pimples recurring over 18 months Post-Op
    3. 2nd Surgery booked next week - Could the new transplanted hair be at risk of a possible underlying infection and/or of falling out?

Hi

Has any doctors and/or patients come across pimples (no pus) that form near to and around transplanted hair follicles in the recipient area that initially swell then bleed? The pimples stay for roughly 4/5 days and heal with topical antibiotic gel (applied 2 x per day).

The doctor that I had the hair transplant is supposed to be one of the best in the world, however from Day 2 Post-Op he mentioned I had an infection localised to the frontal (final) part of the surgery. I was on oral and topical antibiotics. The infection in his words was characterised by "Pain, Redness, Sensitivity, Swelling and yellow pouts"(I did not see this latter symptom and are not visible in any of the pre and post operative pics). He blamed the infection to bacteria from the the air (outside the clinic) entering the pores as soon as I left the clinic on the last day of the surgery (the surgery was over 3 days for 3 parts of the frontal recipient area.

The redness (inflammation) subsided over the course of a few weeks, the crusts fell and the area is clear with no signs of infection.

However, of the next few months some mild redness appears to remain in the frontal section only.

5 months post-op pimple type spots start to appear initially localised to the frontal area but then also in the mid scalp area and the doctor issues more topical antibiotic to treat them and the pimples subside over the course of the next few months and remnants of redness in the frontal area seems to subside at around 7/8 months post-op. The topical antibiotic is discontinued as there is no pimples appearing..

11 months Post-Op new pimples appear and topical antibiotic is applied to clear them.

17/18 months Post-Op and there is still pimples appearing and visibly disappearing with application of topical antibiotic.

The Surgeon has now booked me in for a 2nd surgery next week however I am concerned whether there is an underlying cause that could risk the new implanted hair, do I have cause for concern or should it be ok to have the 2nd surgery?

The surgeon obviously is aware of the situation but does not seem to know with certainty why I have pimples 18 months Post-Op. He is saying it could or could not be bacteria and seems to be masking any pimples with Topical and Oral Antibiotics to take before and after the 2nd surgery. I am not sure what to do I have had a mixed response from surgeons.

A phone call to the dermatologist suggests they may never know the true cause of the pimples or if there is some underlying cause and that they certainly won't be able to provide a diagnosis before the 2nd hair transplant surgery.

I have booked 2 weeks in a 5 start hotel and flights are all booked all non refundable. My brother is also going and is also making a loss with expensive flights and lost incomes.

PS:My brother had a surgery with him following week to mine and did not have any issues and appears to be good (however he had prior surgery with different surgeon before)

Please HELP!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 3b.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	64181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 4c.jpg

Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	64182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 5a.jpg

Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	64183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 6a.jpg

Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	64184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 7a.jpg

Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	64185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 7b.jpg

Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	64186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 8a.jpg

Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	64187   Click image for larger version

Name:	11 months Post-Op Pimples blood.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	64188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pimple Day 2.jpg

Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	64189   Click image for larger version

Name:	18 Months Post-Op Pimple Day 1.jpg

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	64190  

Click image for larger version

Name:	7 month postop Pimple 2.jpg

Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	64194   Click image for larger version

Name:	7 month postop Pimple 1.jpg

Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	64192   Click image for larger version

Name:	7 month postop Pimple 4.jpg

Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	64193   Click image for larger version

Name:	7 month postop Pimple 3.jpg

Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	64191  

I'm really sorry to read this, and afraid to ask who is the Dr, as I'm also booked for a surgery, I guess things can go south to anyone regardless the Dr :/

IMHO, the photo shows lack of growth, am I right? I think pimples is one thing but a successful hair transplant is another, or do you think there was a link that between the pimples and antibiotic treatment that caused something that effected the hair growth?

Why are you going to the same Dr , did he offer you a free of charge fix-up due to the results of the first surgery?

Thanks for reply.

2 Major Surgery Failures:

1. Infection: it seems obvious that he implanted grafts that he knew had become infected in the hope that they might grow, those grafts died.

2. Poor Result as a consequence of 1 and also regrowth rate.

He was doing surgery (repair) on another patient at the same time as mine during the days of my surgery. I was not happy about this at all. He left his team of relatively unexperienced staff to manage extractions and other parts of the procedure when I was of the understanding all the work is done by himself.

I believe during the surgery mistakes were being made, at one point I heard something smashing and the op room falling silent, I believe the grafts were dropped I could not turn to see my head was facing down whilst grafts were being extracted and they were speaking in their own language. There was also long delays from starting the surgery, extractions and implantations. I was not happy about this at all.

Why I am going with the same doctor:

The dilemma I face is that if I now try to find another top surgeon to repair his work and if he/she fails also they will just blame it on the 1st surgeons damage.

Although he mentions it as a "free" transplant, its NOT I spared no expense in the 1st Surgery and paid well above the market rate (it was the most expensive quote we had from all the surgeons we saw across the world). I would pay again to have the work done properly. I never wanted money to be a factor, its always Results.

He has definitely been complacent in my surgery hence why mistakes have happened I am assuming he will be making all efforts to make sure it goes right 2nd time around unlike if I select a new doctor.

He does not know for certain why I am still having pimples 18 months after surgery he says it could be bacteria. The pimples subside with topical antibiotic BUT I don't know whether that is masking an underlying issue.

For the 2nd surgery next week he said he had posted out antibiotics to start from Monday (to prevent any pimples forming) in preparation for the 2nd surgery yet they have not arrived despite chasing him, he is not even telling me the tracking number for the order, my trust is fading.

I attach some graft images from my hairline there are areas with black dots which I assume is hair that have not made out of the skin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 29-08-2019 at 18.19.jpg

Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	64201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 29-08-2019 at 18.17.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	64202   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 29-08-2019 at 18.25.jpg

Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	64203   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 29-08-2019 at 18.28.jpg

Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	64204  

Sure noted.

What a disaster and misfortunate. according to what you're saying it is possible that it happened because all the grafts flat on the floor during the surgery,

you said you didn't understood the language, was it in a top clinic in turkey?

I travelled the world 2 years ago at great expense to find the best doctor in the world to do mine and my brothers HT.

For me cost, location and time was not main factor only Results, if I thought a doctor won't be able to deliver, he was eliminated, I didn't want to take any chances, yet here I am in the very mess I wanted to avert in the first instance, Im lost 1.5 year and likely will be 2/2.5 years if/when I see a return on my investment.

In Turkey I went to only 3 clinics that I would rate, 1 in Istanbul ASMED 2 in Ankara (HLC and Kesser) that are known to produce good results, BUT only the last one is known to do the whole procedure himself but I found his attitude was not good when not answering my questions (his wife answered on his behalf due to lack of english). I concluded Turkey was not a reliable choice and I didn't want to be scarred for life.

I had surgery in Europe I do not wish to disclose the surgeons or clinic/country details, as I want to play fair and give him a chance to deliver what he promised and fix the very poor result that caused me a lot of shame and embarrassment and lost time. I hope he sticks to his words on round 2.

honestly, I would call to the bald truth show and talk with Spencer and Joe about it. there is an online show later today.
    I would listen to their advice (even if you already made up your mind about it) as, I do think they have an influence,

especially if the Dr is an IAHRS member (which according to you, it's a top Dr, so I guess he must be there. )

ADMIN can you delete my thread and posts - thanks

ADMIN can you please delete my post and thread thanks