Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NateDog
    • Aug 2010

Seriously how long do you wait for a transplant

So many people say that no matter what your age if you are in your early stages of balding you potentially are not a candidate for a hair transplant

How many years after you first notice when you start to lose is deemed an appropriate time to have a hair transplant... Is it when you can see a pattern

I wonder if anyone else can determine or explain what is deemed aggressive baldness based on level of loss and time frames
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

If the possible net loss is as great or greater then the possible net gain, then it is too early to consider having a hair transplant.

Comment

• NateDog
      • Aug 2010

That actually is a fantastic representation

However looking at the amount of transplants going on I dare say this isnt the case... Master plans that are created by Doctors surely indicate that net loss is always going to be more then gain over a certain period of time until the scale tips back up

Comment

• hdude46
        • Aug 2009

dr feller how is prp going?

Comment

• mkamph
          • Dec 2008

dr feller,

how has worked regarding shock loss after a hair transplant?

Comment

• hdude46
            • Aug 2009

Dr Feller,

Have any of your prp patients noticed an improvement in a pre-exisiting scalp condition (ie itchiness, inflammation, flakiness, ect.) they may have had? Dr. Greco commented in the original prp thread that prp has a ton of anti-inflammatory properties and I was wondering if by chance anyone commented on or you noticed this possibly helping treat that as well. Thanks!

Comment

• NateDog
              • Aug 2010

Hi Doctor Feller

Firstly thank you for being so accessible. It is amazing to have direct expertise on tap

Can I please ask a question regarding PRP. What do you see as its primary function in regards to treatment... Is it in your opinion a viable option for some patients as a preventative hair loss treatment that can be used in conjunction with the likes of Propecia and Rogaine...

Comment

• hdude46
                • Aug 2009

Dr. Feller, I would also like to know the answer to that above. Have any of your patients come in with less hair after starting prp treatment?

Comment

Working...