+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr. Cole's South Korea Branch (are the doctors specialized in FUE in this branch?)

Dear Dr. Cole/Dr. Cole's representative,

I am in Asia and I am planning to have an eyebrow transplant as well as hair transplant using the FUE procedure in South Korea. Would you please let me know if the doctors in Dr. Cole's South Korea Branch are specialized in the FUE procedure?

If yes, I wonder if Dr. Cole/Dr. Cole's representives can recommend me a doctor in their South Korea branch who specialized/excel in FUE (for both eye brow and hair transplant)?

Thanks.

The two doctors working with our South Korean licensee have been trained personally by Dr. Cole, in his CIT technique. They are both extremely skilled and we've been very impressed with their results.
    Both doctors at the South Korean facility are excellent with the CIT/FUE technique and come highly recommended by Dr. Cole.
    Last edited by CIT_Girl; 02-23-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Hi CIT Girl,

Thanks for your reply and information. I wonder if CIT is the same as FUE or are they 2 different techniques? If they are different, I supposed that in your 1st reply, you meant that both doctors in the Dr. Cole's South Korean branch are specialized in both the CIT and FUE technique?

Thanks.

CIT is Dr. Cole's proprietary method of FUE. It is essentially the same method, in that follicular units are extracted one at a time, but CIT is a specialized technique with its own instrumentation. What makes the CIT procedure superior is the number of hairs per graft and the extremely low transection rate. Strip surgeons average 2 hairs per graft whereas, with the CIT method, Dr. Cole averages 2.9 hairs per graft. This means the patient is getting almost one hair more per graft of value for their money, or about 30% more hair in each graft. With CIT, Dr. Cole maintains an average transection rate of less than 3%, and often lower.

So, yes, the Korean surgeons have been trained in CIT but I use FUE somewhat interchangeably because I realize many are still unclear on what CIT is.

Hi CIT Girl,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think you are right in pointing out that many are still unclear about what exactly CIT is, including me. So, to make sure, you meant that it is basically Dr. Cole's proprietary method of FUE, and it will leave no strip scar at the back of a patient's head, because no strip is being cut at the back of the head at all. Upon completion of the surgery, a lot of tiny holes are left on the head (immediately after the surgery), just like the general result after performing a FUE suregery, and these holes heal quite fast and if the surgery is done correctly, no scar is left at the back of the head. Am I correct on this? I have to make sure because my skin scars very easily and so I want to make sure CIT is not any kind of a surgery that requires making a strip cut at the back of my head.

Thanks.

You will absolutely not have a strip cut or linear strip scar after a CIT procedure. Instead, follicular units will be removed individually using various small instruments. However, it is important to understand that there is a potential for a different type of scarring with FUE or CIT procedures. Some patients develop small white dots, or hypopigmentation, at the extraction sites. Immediately following a CIT procedure, you will have tiny (<1mm) scabs where their donor hair was removed. These scabs typically shed within a week, though the small red dots will remain. These dots will eventually fade and become undetectable in some; in others, they may turn lighter and resemble tiny white pinpricks. Regardless, CIT 'scars' on the head tend to be virtually undetectable due to the surrounding donor hair. You should be able to cut or buzz your hair to any length without detection following

Hi CIT Girl,

Thanks for your latest reply. That's what I want to know, because I understand the other type of scarring that you referred to (as a result of FUE surgery), and so knowing that CIT might have the possibility of having similar scarring is Ok with me. I just want to make sure that it's not a linear scar.

Thanks again for your help.