+ Reply to Thread

Default Need some help please

Hey guys

I am writing from Sydney, Australia. Im gonna share my story and let you guys decide what you think.

I only recently became concerned about hair loss after seeing more hairs falling out that usual. The amount that fell out was not excessive - maybe 3 or 4 hairs on pillow, maximum 20 to 30 in the shower and towel - but more than usual. I got worried and started doing research and ran into this blog. As a result I went and saw a doctor - did blood test and said everything is fine (no miniturization test).

Then I went to a trichologist and he did a miniturization test and said I have very little miniturization of hair. I asked him how much - he said maybe 2 or 3%. Hence I have no genetic thinning/minturization.

However in addition to this the trichologist prescribed tyrosine (amino acid) for me. He noted there was redness/swelling around my hair follicles caused by white blood cells attacking the stem of the hairs (according to him). I noticed this redness when he was doing the miniturization microscopic test - the redness is not visible to the naked eye but quite evident around the follicles under microscope.

I want to know if this is the right course of action? What is this redness exactly? Is this what is causing my more than usual shedding?

Additional info: I'm 23 and my dad is the only one of my relations with hair loss. He is probably a norwood V and lost most of his hair in his 30s.

Thanks a lot for any responses.

Default BS!

Quote Originally Posted by menobaldie View Post
    Hey guys

I am writing from Sydney, Australia. Im gonna share my story and let you guys decide what you think.

I only recently became concerned about hair loss after seeing more hairs falling out that usual. The amount that fell out was not excessive - maybe 3 or 4 hairs on pillow, maximum 20 to 30 in the shower and towel - but more than usual. I got worried and started doing research and ran into this blog. As a result I went and saw a doctor - did blood test and said everything is fine (no miniturization test).

Then I went to a trichologist and he did a miniturization test and said I have very little miniturization of hair. I asked him how much - he said maybe 2 or 3%. Hence I have no genetic thinning/minturization.

However in addition to this the trichologist prescribed tyrosine (amino acid) for me. He noted there was redness/swelling around my hair follicles caused by white blood cells attacking the stem of the hairs (according to him). I noticed this redness when he was doing the miniturization microscopic test - the redness is not visible to the naked eye but quite evident around the follicles under microscope.

I want to know if this is the right course of action? What is this redness exactly? Is this what is causing my more than usual shedding?

Additional info: I'm 23 and my dad is the only one of my relations with hair loss. He is probably a norwood V and lost most of his hair in his 30s.

Thanks a lot for any responses.
    I hear Spencer saying all the time that trychologists are all BS! The white blood cell thing sounds like a bunch of hooiee. How can he give you a percentage like that anyway?
    You might want to see a real doctor to get checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I hear Spencer saying all the time that trychologists are all BS! The white blood cell thing sounds like a bunch of hooiee. How can he give you a percentage like that anyway?
    You might want to see a real doctor to get checked out.
    Do you think MPB is always associated with increased shedding? I dont think there was much miniturization. My shedding is not excessive (around 50 per day) but definately a lot more than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by menobaldie View Post
    Do you think MPB is always associated with increased shedding? I dont think there was much miniturization. My shedding is not excessive (around 50 per day) but definately a lot more than usual.
    In my case, I had a ot of shedding before I started on Propecia. You should see a real doctor to check for miniaturization and who can give you a real diagnosis. Don't mess around with the voodoo guys!