19 years old chinese, am i receeding? Should i start minoxidil?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lerekl14
    • Aug 2017

19 years old chinese, am i receeding? Should i start minoxidil?

Help idk if i should be worried. This is my left side am i receeding or..??

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20190803-002439_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	492087Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20190803-002417_Gallery.jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	492088Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20190803-002355_Gallery.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	492089

If so should i start minoxodil?
  • Nyhair19
    • Aug 2019

It doesn't seem to be, but your hairs around the hairline are definitely thinner than the scalp. This, however, is quite common (I think). Personally, I would wait a while and see what happens. Especially if people in your family have similar hairlines. Also, I am not a doctor and don't pretend to be one, but I would start with fin before minox. Minox isn't as effective on the hairline as it is on the crown. I would consider waiting a while and then consulting with a derm and consider getting on fin. Just my humble opinion. I started fin when I was 21 and haven't seen any noticeable sides and have maintained very well.

Comment

• zowie3
      • Apr 2019

Be careful with fin. You are very young. Minoxidil is much less harmless, better try it.

Comment

• Nyhair19
        • Aug 2019

The problem is that minox effectiveness on the hairline remains sketchy. I've seen really no difference from adding it to mine and studies have not tested for its effectiveness on the hairline. Of course, the OP should consult a doctor. A HT doc once told me that everything besides fin was "bull$@$%" implying that minox and these other treatments aren't nearly as effective as fin/dut.

Comment

Working...