+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr Fox Finasteride prescription, pills don’t work.

Hi all,
    I don't make a habit of this but signed up to this forum because I felt it warranted mention.

It's an issue/concern I have with a purchase/order I made of Finasteride.

I had been buying repeat prescriptions for about a year now and all had been fine and the Finasteride worked well and as it should, but with my last order (I buy them in 3 month supply), the pills just didn't work, basically.

From what I’ve experienced, this batch just doesn't work, the shedding and loss progressively intensifying constantly for a few weeks now (about 5 weeks into the daily dosage) which is never the case usually. It’s been rectified by buying an emergency prescription in a pinch elsewhere, I just wanted to put this out there for others to bear in mind.

I’m not interested in bagging out Dr. Fox as a company because everything has been fine up to now, it’s possibly just a duff batch and they’ve accepted a refund/return is fine, I’m just posting to alert any fellow UK Finasteride users have experienced the same recently and are worried/panicking, and for potential ones to bear in mind.

The brand is Accord (previously, Aindeem were the tablets and these are the newer ones as Accord bought out 2 other companies producing Finasteride) if that helps.

I've posted this on another site just thought I'd give a heads up to people is all.

Cheers for reading.
    GGFR

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinfadesreturn View Post
    Hi all,
    I don't make a habit of this but signed up to this forum because I felt it warranted mention.

It's an issue/concern I have with a purchase/order I made of Finasteride.

The brand is Accord (previously, Aindeem were the tablets and these are the newer ones as Accord bought out 2 other companies producing Finasteride) if that helps.

I've posted this on another site just thought I'd give a heads up to people is all.

Cheers for reading.
    GGFR
    So, are you saying you had success with Aindeem (Actavis) and since switching to Accord have noticed the problem?

I haven't started Fin yet but this was a concern of mine. Everyone says there are no differences between generics (I get that with regard to the 1mg Fin part) but it seems there must be other factors that impact it that create the price difference.

E.g we could make two cups of tea quite differently despite having the same teabag, amount of water, milk and apparatus!

I wanted to take Actavis Aindeem but it seems it is no longer available at all. So now when you order you get a Russian roulette of Relonchem/Accord/and others.

I want to stickwith one brand since I am 40 already and losing my hair quite quickly (crown). I need stabilise the loss as quick as possible so don't have time to cycle through brands.