+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr edward ball maitland clinic

I have had 2 previous FUT surgeries in the UK which were terrible, with unsatisfactory results and a poor level of care, this from so called "top" clinics.I had almost given up on any further surgery in the UK as it is a minefield of polished salesmen and incompetent and indifferent surgeons.After much research and consultations with all the prominent clinics in the UK I came across Dr Ball at the Maitland Clinic.

Dr Ball from the Maitland Clinic is an exceptional surgeon, i found him to be caring, competent and highly ethical, he has lead his team to have the same ethos and frankly they left no stone unturned to try to achieve the best possible outcome for me.I had a consultation some time ago and Dr Ball was not happy to go ahead due to my poor scalp health and he felt this needed to be treated before surgery could be considered. This was never picked up by any of the previous consultations, which generally involved the surgeons running their hands through my hair and being aloof when asked questions.

Dr Ball used a magnified camera to assess my scalp and likely graft yield and provided a detailed appraisal talking about alternatives to surgery, and strategies to improve my scalp health for optimal results.

I found him to be a very caring and ethical individual who is not financially driven and puts patient’s interest first, it was apparent to me that he wanted the best possible result for me.

His team David and Jana Shafer (clinical director) are exceptional in their field.After the consultation I bombarded David (who is an exceptional patient advisor ) with a barrage of questions and queries which were responded to immediately and without ever making me feel that it was too much trouble.

I had another consultation after measures were taken to improve my scalp health and I had a FUT procedure in july 2019. The whole team were so caring and professional throughout the day. The sectioning of the grafts under microscope is an essential part of the procedure and the technicians were focused and tireless in their work, Jana is a world class clinical director. There was no rush in any part of the day and it seemed the focus of the whole team was to achieve the best possible result regardless how long it took. Dr Ball only treats one patient a day and hence i was the full focus of the team.
    In my opinion Dr Ball is a caring, ethical and highly skilled surgeon with a real passion for his profession.Truly world class!