+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you so much all of you for your interest in helping an unknown person!

@Helios, I did read a few publications in vein similar to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24742982. I can't find them right but you can probably find them on propeciahelp.com or hackstasis.com if you search for it. I can write my own experience if you want but its long and might not suit this thread. If you want my advice, stay away from 5AR inhibitors. I didn't believe the horror stories (I read ALL of them before taking iso), and look where I am now. Its all true and its worse than whats written.

@JoeTillman and hal. Well thats a bummer, I didn't realize before I read your advice how much I had been banking on getting an HT so that I finally look normal. Even while writing this I keep thinking about what I can say for you to give me the go ahead for HT haha. I'll try and get my hair cut short and then post pics here so you guys can judge if the donor area is healthy. For PRP and laser, I ll have to trouble you once again to ask you how effective it is in general and how much do you reckon itll help me.
    @hal I took a look at concealors (looked at Joes video only lol), they do look good I ll look into them. But anyways they are all temporary hacks.

At this rate of loss, you and I can agree that I am looking at all of my top hair gone. Will laser and/or PRP help in that situation? If we can establish that my donor is healthy, I am thinking one HT now and another later on to cover all of my top is the only actual solution that we have?

Once again can't stress enough how thankful I am that you guys are taking your time out to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by PostIsotretinoinSyndrome View Post
    Thank you so much all of you for your interest in helping an unknown person!

@Helios, I did read a few publications in vein similar to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24742982. I can't find them right but you can probably find them on propeciahelp.com or hackstasis.com if you search for it. I can write my own experience if you want but its long and might not suit this thread. If you want my advice, stay away from 5AR inhibitors. I didn't believe the horror stories (I read ALL of them before taking iso), and look where I am now. Its all true and its worse than whats written.

@JoeTillman and hal. Well thats a bummer, I didn't realize before I read your advice how much I had been banking on getting an HT so that I finally look normal. Even while writing this I keep thinking about what I can say for you to give me the go ahead for HT haha. I'll try and get my hair cut short and then post pics here so you guys can judge if the donor area is healthy. For PRP and laser, I ll have to trouble you once again to ask you how effective it is in general and how much do you reckon itll help me.
    @hal I took a look at concealors (looked at Joes video only lol), they do look good I ll look into them. But anyways they are all temporary hacks.

At this rate of loss, you and I can agree that I am looking at all of my top hair gone. Will laser and/or PRP help in that situation? If we can establish that my donor is healthy, I am thinking one HT now and another later on to cover all of my top is the only actual solution that we have?

Once again can't stress enough how thankful I am that you guys are taking your time out to help others.
    I think that for some, laser and PRP is definitely helpful but you have to realize that since medication in general is not for you then you really have no other choice if you want to be proactive in the fight to keep every hair you have. Are either AS likely as finasteride to help you (if you didn't have sides on fin?)? Mostly likely not. Are either better than nothing? Absolutely.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Hi,

Was wondering who did you decide to go with for your hair transplant and how did it go?