+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Will 1000 — 1600 FU grafts be sufficient to lower my hairline and bring me to NW1?

My doctor (one of top surgeons in EU) quoted me on 1000 — 1600 FU grafts in order to achieve a good result via FUE.

Here are my pictures:

My face is very long looking mostly due to large forehead. I need enough transplanted hair to lower hairline and to achieve a NW1 and improved facial symmetry.

I need this professionally so I can break into modelling.

People with experience - do you think this will be sufficient amount of grafts to achieve the result?

I must note that I have followed strict anti-androgen and minox regiment for about 5+ years now and I have stabilised and maintained current hairline for a very long time, thus surgeon said I am a good candidate and should achieve a nice result.

Thanks!

It's hard to say what to expect in relation to what your hoping to achieve. Upload a photo that has a hairline drawn so we know how to reference what you want to achieve.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    It's hard to say what to expect in relation to what your hoping to achieve. Upload a photo that has a hairline drawn so we know how to reference what you want to achieve.
    This is hard to do on a picture but I will try.

I need hairline enough to reduce vertical length of face and make it look thick and angular so it is aligned with my sharp eyebrows and facial proportions.

Goal is to achieve the most youthful looking result and avoid "mature hairline" at all costs, since my facial characteristics do not look "mature" and never will due to youthful looking bone structure and lack of full facial hair. "Mature" hairline would not work in the industry I aim to model in and for my particular look.

Well, both of the hairlines you shared are lower than what your drawing represents. I'll say this upfront. What you want to do is risky for a few reasons.

1. You need to get a really high density so that the hairline isn't visibly thinner than your native hair.
    2. High density means high numbers so that means that your 1000 to 1600 estimate might not be enough.
    3. If it doesn't grow well, or if it does grow well but not to your expectations (do they align with reality?) then you'll be needing more work.

Personally, I feel that if you want your outline filled in, you'll be looking at 2500 grafts. It takes roughly 1500 grafts per cm of lowering but you also have temple point modifications to do as well. I would also suggest that maybe you should try this over two sessions to help reduce the chances of a negative outcome because of trying to do too much at once. When they work, high density single pass sessions are awesome. When they don't work, well, you're a repair patient.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Well, both of the hairlines you shared are lower than what your drawing represents. I'll say this upfront. What you want to do is risky for a few reasons.

1. You need to get a really high density so that the hairline isn't visibly thinner than your native hair.
    2. High density means high numbers so that means that your 1000 to 1600 estimate might not be enough.
    3. If it doesn't grow well, or if it does grow well but not to your expectations (do they align with reality?) then you'll be needing more work.

Personally, I feel that if you want your outline filled in, you'll be looking at 2500 grafts. It takes roughly 1500 grafts per cm of lowering but you also have temple point modifications to do as well. I would also suggest that maybe you should try this over two sessions to help reduce the chances of a negative outcome because of trying to do too much at once. When they work, high density single pass sessions are awesome. When they don't work, well, you're a repair patient.
    Sounds good to me. I am willing to give this a shot. I might not need a hairline as low as the men pictured, because the rest of my face is longer and I need to balance it by proper facial thirds. I just can't have my forehead stand out from the rest of my face. Also willing to take dutasteride for the rest of my life to maintain and use any new treatments that might be discovered in following decade.

Doing it in two procedures sounds like a good idea. I could do the conservative procedure offered by the surgeon first and then after a year I could do another procedure if I feel it to be necessary to improve my facial symmetry (maybe it won't). If I go aggressive right in the start I might do too much and there is nothing preventing me from doing follow-up surgery.

You should probably just fill in the peak areas and leave the mid-frontal area alone. You should be able to do this with 1000 grafts. You might add a few hundred in the mid-frontal area without lowering it. One picture of your left temple point suggests recession. The other picture looks fine. Unless you have a great surgeon, don't invade the temple points because it will not look good.

Q for Joe and Dr Cole , so say this fellow goes through with the procedure and fills in the areas he wants done .
    Not knowing his age , what happens if or when he starts losing the hair behind what he transplanted , will he not be chasing his hair loss for the rest of his life ?

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Q for Joe and Dr Cole , so say this fellow goes through with the procedure and fills in the areas he wants done .
    Not knowing his age , what happens if or when he starts losing the hair behind what he transplanted , will he not be chasing his hair loss for the rest of his life ?
    I'm 30, I have maintained this hair for last 5 years with dutasteride and heavy regimen. It is unlikely i will lose hair after the transplanted hair. If I will I will just increase my dutasteride dose and reduce DHT even lower (I perform DHT blood tests to confirm it is low). I will also use any other new cutting edge treatment to prevent further hair loss or duplicate, clone hair.

I think Dr. Feriduni will guide you very well based on your own personal goal especially when you are in front of him physically so you can discuss options/numbers.
    Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Yes, he will. All men and all women begin to thin at age 35. The average safer donor area has 15,400 follicular units in your 20s. By your 70s, this number decreases to 13,200. There is a progressive decline each decade after one's 20s. In androgenic alopecia, you will eventually have progression. In some it is much worse than in others. It's all an aging process of the hair follicles and stem cells.