Itchy inflammed scalp - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Itchy inflammed scalp

I have heard many accounts of an unhealthy scalp is not just attributed to hair loss although it tends to go hand in hand due to irritation to follicles and so forth

I also hear it can be a number of things that cause this

Has anyone else cured the inflammation and what did they do. I hear some are topical and cured or relieved by Nizarol but there are alot of scalp issues that are below the scalp. Has anyone had success by taking medication

Default yes

I suffered itchy inflamed scalp for years....I take beta sitosterol( Doctor formulated) not all beta works,this is the brand i like.tea tree oil shampoo.seabuckhorn oil on hair 15min before shower a few times a week(kills hair mites) for some reason me and people with allergies are more suscetible to mites causing hairloss.I use laser comb 2xweek and prp 1x a year.oh beta 2 350 mg am 2 350 mg p.m.this really works! I hate propecia i have side effects and also no sex drive when using saw pallmetto.Beta actually works the same in those doses and increases sex drive!
    goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    I suffered itchy inflamed scalp for years....I take beta sitosterol( Doctor formulated) not all beta works,this is the brand i like.tea tree oil shampoo.seabuckhorn oil on hair 15min before shower a few times a week(kills hair mites) for some reason me and people with allergies are more suscetible to mites causing hairloss.I use laser comb 2xweek and prp 1x a year.oh beta 2 350 mg am 2 350 mg p.m.this really works! I hate propecia i have side effects and also no sex drive when using saw pallmetto.Beta actually works the same in those doses and increases sex drive!
    goodluck!
    Hi T Bone
    Thanks so much for your reply
    And this has solved your inflammation and itchy scalp... I never even entertained the fact I might have hair mites (assuming everyone does though). Do you not take Propecia and how do you find the Saw Palmetto (I hear it works better in combination with the Beta Sisterol)

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    goodluck!
    Bone you said in another post PRP cured your scalp itch. I'm confused which is it?

I know this all too well! I was very dry and itchy around my hairlines where I was losing. It almost looked like I had psoriasis, I changed my shampoo over to the tea tree by Paul Mitchell. Then started my fin. It's cleared up quite well now!

Hope this helps.

I had really bad dandruff and red inflamed skin. It was so bad my doctor gave me clobetasol propionate but I hate to use it since it's a steroid. I decided to use nizoral twice a week and the other days T gel and leave it in for at least ten minutes. Doing this really made my scalp healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    Bone you said in another post PRP cured your scalp itch. I'm confused which is it?
    It did help a lot! Best thing I have found for mites is Collodial silver. I buy it at health food store and dilute it with distilled water and keep in spray bottle.
    sometimes i will wake in the night and feel that itchy tingling feeling."I swear its mites!" I spray a little on head and its gone.

Also have been doing the Malinak method and swear its actually helping!!

No drugs or potions,just exercising galea!

I think PRP with Acell is great for scalp health, and if you are going to do it, go to someone like dr.Bronner, who actually knows how to do procedure properly!

Try cutting wheat out your diet completely and see the itch free scalp , I mean completely as they put it in nearly everything.