+ Reply to Thread

Default Cole Athens 2300 FUE

Hi. I had my FUE procedure done by Dr Cole at the Athens surgery a couple days ago and thought I'd share my positive experience so far.

The initial contact was done with Raphael48 on here after several years of on and off research. I explained I wanted a result that would be age appropriate for the future and quite conservative, but something to reduce my Saturn sized forehead which had gotten worse over time due to the frontal loss.

My online consultation recommended 2000 grafts for the frontal 1/3 and a conservative hairline. On the day I had an extra 300-400 (kindly for free) as the Doctor said some grafts were needed further back to create a more sustainable result as there's some substantial thinning there which wasn’t obvious in the photos I sent.

The local staff were all very kind and knowledgeable. I burn through anesthetic very quickly (even my dentist gets confused at this) and I'm a bit of a drama queen when it comes to any sort of pain, but everyone was very patient in giving me breaks when required. The injections themselves are on par with being numbed at the dentist. The extractions and placement were fairly painless.

Dr Cole did all the extractions himself and also all the design/recipient area hole cutting (don't know the technical term) for the grafts. A nice lady with 16 years experience did the majority of the graft placement. There was another doctor present and another 2 people working with microscopes with the grafts as soon as Dr Cole removed them.

The next morning I was quite tender, but not in pain. I went back to the clinic and got my hair washed and was shown how to do this myself. I was also given some antibiotics/shampoo/spray.

Anyway the most important thing is the final result which is a long way off but here's some (severely cropped) pictures of before and the day after surgery. The front on photo shows some slight swelling in the sides of my forehead.

Also, if you have to fly to get home I'd suggest booking a window seat so there's less chance someone will drop a bag on your head or bump into you.

Donor density approx 45 per square cm.
    Donor area 55 square cm.

Attachment 63525Attachment 63526Attachment 63527Attachment 63528Attachment 63529

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

Hi Mariokart,

I hope you're well.

Thanks for posting your experience with Dr Cole. The community will undoubtedly appreciate your documentation and will look forward to seeing your results grow in just as much as I am.

The hard part starts now, patience. Rest up for a few days and make the most of the downtime, and then try and forget about your procedure and get on with things as normal.

Looking forward to follow your progress.

As always, anything you need, let me know.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    Online Consultation - https://bchairtransplant.com/online-consultation/
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp +34 642 37 03 83

Thanks for the kind note. Good luck with the growth.