Threaded View

Default The Thin (Hair) Line

Evening / Afternoon / Morning to all!

I’m 28 and live in the UK. I’ve found the forums really informative and have had a good read through but would like to seek the opinion of you guys.

Despite having always had a higher than average hairline I started suspecting it was receding a few years ago and luckily, this has progressed almost imperceptibly slowly. I wasn’t certain it was going on at first – but now am and there has been a definite receding at the front and above the temples. I have a small mole that used to be under the hairline and is now well out in that area.

There seems to be somewhat fewer AND thinner hair strands at the hairline and forward of my ears in the temple area than anywhere else. Fortunately the rest of it and crown ‘looks’ OK - for now. I’d say overall it’s probably at a Norwood chart 2 / 3 but without that much crown thinning.

I’ve been able to disguise this with a long-short hairstyle for a while but, on seeing some photos of me from above when I was sat down at a wedding, think that the temple area thinning (well my effort to conceal it) is becoming a bit obvious.

I've attached a few photos and what I’m wondering is…Would it be worth me trying out Minoxidil shampoo and Finasteride tablets? What are the chances of success if I do start ? I’ve read that it’s best to start earlier and can be more effective if your hair is thinning slowly. I should perhaps also add that I often use Nizoral shampoo for irritation and flakiness - especially near the hairline – as my skin is pretty sensitive generally.

Thanks to everyone for the forum, any advice / ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	5955   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	5956   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	5957   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	84.1 KB