+ Reply to Thread

Default 3 months post HT and feeling disheartened on lack of progress :(

Hi Guys,

So, I've just hit month 3 post HT (3400 grafts FUE) which I had done in Istanbul Turkey (March 2019).

I've attached pictures of my current results, but I'm currently feeling quite disheartened and depressed about my progress considering seeing progress of others at the same stage that are having decent results thus far.

My progress seems slow and can't say I've noticed much in terms of growth. I understand it's early yet , but like I said you can't help but see others at the same stage looking very good and hopeful.

Before HT

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre HT TOP.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	63288Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre HT Temple front.jpg

Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	63289

HT Completed

Name:	HT 1.jpg

Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	63290Click image for larger version

Name:	HT Day1.jpg

Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	63291

Current pictures 3 Months Post HT

Name:	Top 3mths.jpg

Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	63292Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic2 3mths.jpg

Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	63293Click image for larger version

Name:	head 3mths.jpg

Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	63294Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair Pic 3mths.jpg

Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	63296

As you can see, from my current pictures progress has been slow with not much showing compared to most I see, which makes me wonder is it just slow for me or should there be more at this stage?

Also the left side looks more patchy which I noticed a few weeks after the surgery and did contact the clinic to which they said I needed to be patient and it was possible that more hair shedded there ?

Also feel they haven't done a great job with the donor area, some silly circular shape they have left me with.. will this improve?

Name:	Donor patchy.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	63295

I guess I'm just after some reassurance guys, as getting this done was a big deal for me( took me years to build up the courage to do it), as I'm sure for most and, so I'm hoping I made the right decision. I've done my best to follow the clinics instructions and taken the relevant supplements to ensure I give it the best chance!

Any advice, thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Cheers

3 months is too early for any judgements. It can take up to 9 months to see any regrowth.

Which doctor did the surgery and how much did you pay for it?

I think usually you need to wait until around month 4 before seeing hair growing back in so I would not worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I think usually you need to wait until around month 4 before seeing hair growing back in so I would not worry.
    Actually 4 months is early, you should start to see significant growth by 6 months and pretty much full results by 12. Also you need to let your hair grow out to get good results. Anything shorter than a inch is going to look think. The best hair transplants under ideal conditions( multiple surgeries) are only going to get you to 60 percent original density. You need some length for it to look thicker

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    3 months is too early for any judgements. It can take up to 9 months to see any regrowth.

Which doctor did the surgery and how much did you pay for it?
    Hi Jaxson, 9 month seems pretty long to see initial results, most seem to see it a month 3/4 from what I've read.

It was Dr Mehmet Erdogan, Smile Hair Clinic, all in all it was approx 2k Euro

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Hey Helios, I'm hoping this is the case, it's just you can't help see others progress at the same stage and compare.

Quote Originally Posted by pajason View Post
    Actually 4 months is early, you should start to see significant growth by 6 months and pretty much full results by 12. Also you need to let your hair grow out to get good results. Anything shorter than a inch is going to look think. The best hair transplants under ideal conditions( multiple surgeries) are only going to get you to 60 percent original density. You need some length for it to look thicker
    Hey pajason, I only clipped it grade 1 (for the 1st time since surgery a week ago), as it was getting rather untidy and looked a mess. I find the longer it is the more thinner it is, not that there's much there anyway. I'm going to let it grow now, to see how it turns out.

Anyone else have similar progress at the 3 months mark?

Hi jay, just curious how your hair is growing in now. I am 6 months post my Fue and I am not seeing much growth at all. I can’t tell if my hair is growing In or if it’s vellus hair. Please let me know!