+ Reply to Thread

Default 5 years after my transplant what has changed?

Hello. So I ah my transplant by Dr Ferundi (in Belgium) about 5 years ago and it changed my life. I used to be on here every day reading the boards etc.

My transplant went really well & after that it felt like my life went back to normal and that is why I haven’t really been on here since.
    Looking back on it I would say my results and 95% perfect (which I think is a pretty fantastic result and I’m super happy with it). I’m thinking now I could do with a little touchup to resolve the minor imperfections.

No I’m just wondering, in the five years since I’ve had my surgery has the technology changed much? For example last time I looked at here was being used by some doctors on the scalp. I think from memory there was reasonably good success but not everyone is doing it. Has that changed? The reason I ask is because I would say my donor area is limited, so I could probably get another 1000 maybe 2000 grafts maximum. I liked the idea of using theatre as from what I’ve heard about it it’s normally quicker than the hair on the scalp, which for me was in a great way to bulk out the hair as I’ve always had naturally “thinner” hair.

My other question was, is Dr Ferundi still around and is he still well respected? Obviously I would like to go back to him

Thanks in advance everyone

I'm actually in a very similar position to you, I used to be on the boards all the time etc, then I had an HT with Dr Feriduni in 2011 and it changed my life for the better.

Now I'm also considering going back, just to have maybe another 1,000 grafts or so, just to add some density. I have 'hair greed' for sure.

I can't think of any reason why Dr Feriduni wouldn't still be a top doc. I know how you feel though, I'm now worried about having another procedure in case I lose the gains that I made, if something goes wrong. Please post back how you're getting on if you have any news or you make a decision.

Hi guys,

Dr Feriduni is still very much around and still very much a class act. I saw h recently at The FUE Europe conference and it was great to catch up with him. A great surgeon and great guy.

Regards
    Spex
    https://Spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I am also researching about hair transplant.I find some companies but I can not believe all.If you have any experience about hair transplant in Turkey please send a message to me Thank you

That’s great that it changed your life! It definitely did mine. I stopped thinking about it which for me was such a refreshing change.

Fantastic, really glad to hear he is still well respected. I’ll drop his office now. Thanks Spex

That’s great!!