+ Reply to Thread

Default FUT- Experience (NYC)

Hello everyone,

I am going to be creating a timeline and updating it as I go through the entire process to help anyone looking into getting a procedure.

A little about myself:

Recent college graduate. Started noticing my receding hairline at the age of 19. I am 22 now and my hairline was receding more rapidly throughout my college career. I was lucky enough to be hired by a company before I graduated and don't begin work until the end of August. Since I had such a late start, I figured now would be an opportune time to get a hair transplant, giving myself months to heal before I started work, and allows me to avoid seeing anyone if I really want to. I had tried rogaine early on and it didn't help at all. I started using finesteride when I was 21 and definitely saw some results and it helped slow down the hair loss, especially in the middle and back, but my hairline was already very far back, and I was tired of it, so I sought out my options.

I met with multiple doctors and eventually chose one out of Manhattan because its not a difficult commute from my home in NJ, and I read very good reviews on the doctor (I am not here to advertise him, so if you like my results or have any questions, feel free to message me privately).

I decided on the FUT procedure because I never keep my hair short enough where anyone would see a scar, and it was cheaper.

The surgery itself wasn't very painful at all. The most painful aspect is when they give you the needles for the local anesthesia. Otherwise, you just feel some pressure, if anything at all, and you're just chilling.

Post surgery, the most painful part is where they take the strip (donor site). I recommend taking the prescribed medication as directions say. It is painful otherwise. With medication, just slight discomfort. (I have a pretty average pain tolerance)

I have uploaded some pictures pre surgery, sorry my hair isn't pulled back so you can't see how far my hairline was missing. I also uploaded photos from the day of the procedure. I will continue to upload photos of my hair every month to document for everyone so people can see for themselves roughly how long it takes to heal and grow. You can't see the stitches from the donor site since they are completely covered by my hair length. Overall, I had a great experience, and looking forward to seeing my results. Time to be patient and wait!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to comment on the thread or message me directly. Click image for larger version

Name:	tUNQx056SgK0NYPit%GGqA.jpg

Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	63222Click image for larger version

Name:	4u6vXQQyQiepmIpCdXxDgA.jpg

Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	63223Click image for larger version

Name:	7cTAgFDOQN6EGXF5ncIa2w.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	63224Click image for larger version

Name:	0l4ceQp9Svam6s2yZ16fpA.jpg

Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	63225Click image for larger version