+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Advice

Default Need Advice

I started taking minoxidil 5% and saw palmetto about 3 months ago.After the first month or so I started to shed like twice as much.Witch I guess is normal when first starting minoxidil.Now that its been 3 months and my shedding is showing no sign of slowing down.I went to my doctor,told him what I was taking and asked for propecia.He told me he would only prescribe propecia if I stop taking minoxidil.He said I should do one or the other,not both.He did not say anything about the saw palmetto,witch I wanted to stop taking and replace with propecia.I am real'y worried if I stop taking the minoxidil I will shed even more and on top of that,now that I am starting propecia I will get an increase in shedding from that.

I real'y don't know If I should listen to my doctor or keep taking the minoxidil.
    Any advice would be much appreciated

go to a different doc. tons of people use propecia and rogaine.

Yeah, find another doctor who knows what he’s doing. Almost all dermatologists will prescribe both together.

I agree with the other responses- Dr. Cole has told me that he has seen the most success (in men using medical therapies) from those who use Propecia and minoxidil in conjunction. I'm not sure why your doctor would have told you to discontinue one if you begin taking the other.

Thank's for the for the advice everyone.I'm definitely going to keep taking the minoxidil.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I started taking minoxidil 5% and saw palmetto about 3 months ago.After the first month or so I started to shed like twice as much.Witch I guess is normal when first starting minoxidil.Now that its been 3 months and my shedding is showing no sign of slowing down.I went to my doctor,told him what I was taking and asked for propecia.He told me he would only prescribe propecia if I stop taking minoxidil.He said I should do one or the other,not both.He did not say anything about the saw palmetto,witch I wanted to stop taking and replace with propecia.I am real'y worried if I stop taking the minoxidil I will shed even more and on top of that,now that I am starting propecia I will get an increase in shedding from that.

I real'y don't know If I should listen to my doctor or keep taking the minoxidil.
    Any advice would be much appreciated
    personally i hate minoxidil and propecia..!not that either one doesnt wk.i didnt like either ones side effects..it is normal to shed when starting either..
    i take just beta sitosterol 700mg am and p.m. and that mixed with revivogen pm and tricomin am.laser comb also helps and belive it or not inversion therapy helped me as well (inversion table) you can check out all utube!oh! the thing that made the biggest impact was prp therapy it really works! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    personally i hate minoxidil and propecia..!not that either one doesnt wk.i didnt like either ones side effects..it is normal to shed when starting either..
    i take just beta sitosterol 700mg am and p.m. and that mixed with revivogen pm and tricomin am.laser comb also helps and belive it or not inversion therapy helped me as well (inversion table) you can check out all utube!oh! the thing that made the biggest impact was prp therapy it really works! Good luck!
    Thanks! all check that stuff out