+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 4 month FUE results with Dr Maras (HDC clinic)

Hello everyone. This is my first post on these forums. I would like to post the 4 month results of my FUE with Dr Maras at HDC clinic in Cyprus so far. I had a total of 3,069 grafts taken. The Surgery took place on two consecutive days. On the first day i had 1,522 Grafts taken. On the second day of the surgery i had 1,547 grafts taken.

About me

I am in my late twenties and was a Norwood 5 or 6 prior to surgery. I had been using various treatments for hairloss since i was 18 but around mid twenties these treatments started losing effect. I had been considering a Hair transplant for a number of years, but because it was surgery i knew i needed to do a lot of research into it first. Over the years i had unfortunately seen a lot of individuals with bad results from a transplant, so i waited on having a hair transplant until i had done all my research.

Pre operative Pictures:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre Op.jpg

Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	63183Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre op 3.jpg

Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	63191Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre Op 2.jpg

Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	63192

Why i chose FUE over FUT

As everyone knows, the main problem with FUT is the scar at the back. I knew that FUE also caused some scarring but because the scars were smaller and spread over a distance they were not so apparent. I knew that FUT had a higher yield than FUE, but ultimately i could not accept having a scar on the back , which is why i decide to have an FUE.

Why i Chose Dr Maras

Having been on the forums for a few years, i knew that choosing the right surgeon was the most important factor in having a good outcome. I had unfortunately seen quite a lot of bad surgeries done and i knew it was something you wanted to get right from the start. I was willing to travel anywhere in the world and luckily cost was not a huge factor. I reasoned that it would be better to pay a little more for a quality surgeon than risk a bad outcome as i had seen happen. Someone mentioned that choosing a surgeon was like playing russian roulette. I Could not agree with this more.

Obviously the main choices on the forums were either Dr Erdogan or Dr Bisanga. I narrowed my choices down to either Dr Erdogan, Dr Bisanga, Dr De Reys, Dr Maras, and Dr Fereduni. I also considered Hasson and Wong but because they seemed to specialize in FUT i could not consider them so much. There were a few reasons why i didnt choose the other surgeons but the main reason i didnt choose Dr Erdogan was that his clinic had advised me to proceed with a 5000 FUE in one session. This seemed incredibly risky to me, as I wondered what i would do if the surgery wasnt successful and I was in the nightmare situation other people have found themselves in where they have a bad outcome and no grafts left.

From what i remember, when i brought this up with the clinic they were still sure that 5000 FUE was the way to go. At this point, this just didnt seem ethical to me, and even though i had seen great results from Erdogan, it did not seem right to me, so i backed away. I also didnt want to be a number out of a thousand guys that went to the clinic. Obviously because Dr Erdogan was getting so many clients, i wondered how much attention was really paid to each individual.

George
    When i emailed HDC i spoke to their customer service advisor called George, who i had heard from other people on forums was very professional and polite. He seemed to be mentioned quite a lot. i found out everybody was correct. George was very helpful and answered every question i had in detail including an hour long phone call or so. he stated the benefits and risks of the surgery from the start, and told me what things to consider. It was clear from what i saw on other forums and speaking to George that the main concern at HDC was the long term result. He advised me that i would need two surgeries or so. One surgery on the the front half, and the other surgery on the other half. This seemed logical to me and the best way to approach the transplant. More importantly, at no point did he try to persuade me to choose the clinic, in fact he repeatedly stated the risks and rewards of the procedure from the start. This for me was the kind of surgeon and clinic i was looking for. I had no doubt that George was one of the main contributing factors for why people chose HDC as his customer service skills were top.

Dr Maras

I had seen his results on a number of forums and it was evident he was highly skilled, especially at the hairline. His work was very clean. Dr Maras was trained by Dr Cole, who apparently also trained Dr Bisanga. Dr Maras was also able to do both FUE and FUT so it was obvious he knew what he was doing.

The Surgery

On the day of the surgery i met with Dr Maras who was very professional and he really did not have to say much for you to know he had done this kind of surgery a million times. I had no doubt i was in the presense of a world class surgeon. We agreed on a high mature hairline, with density on the front half of my head. He stated that i would likely need two surgeries or so, and he stated the primary concern was saving as much of the donor grafts as possible. After that pictures were taken from all angles and it was time for surgery

The surgery itself was more straightforward than a lot of people seemed to make it. Throughout the surgery everybody there was very professional and checking to see if if i was OK. From what i remember, Dr Maras himself did most of the extractions and the incisions himself, while the technicians did the rest of the extractions and inplantation. i am sure i also had another hair transplant surgeon do part of the extractions as well and she was great, so definitely was in good hands.

In terms of pain, the procedure was quite tolerable. it stung a bit when the injections for the anesthetic were put but the anesthesiologist was checking i was ok all the time. i also had some pain during the extractions but i simply told Dr Maras and he applied more anesthetic. the technicians were excellent and also asking if i was Ok. By the end of the two days i was very tired from the surgery. The duration of the surgery isnt easy.

For a couple of days after the surgery i was mostly fine, but afterwards i started getting pain and discomfort where the grafts were extracted. I also had to be careful not to damage the grafts. the discomfort got quite bad and it was itching alot. Of course George was there to reassure me, and that definitely helped. after the first week or two of alot of frustration for not getting much sleep, the discomfort faded.

Immediately Post Surgery

Name:	After Surgery.jpg

Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	63184

After care/Washing/Post Op

This was the part i have to admit that i paid almost zero attention to prior to surgery and i was lucky i was at HDC. A few days after the surgery i was told to gently wash my hair and the grafts. The problem is i wasnt sure exactly how gentle. I knew that washing too hard could have caused grafts to fall out and i also knew washing too gently would have created scabbing which, if not taken care of would have also caused loss of grafts. i had seen these scenarios happen to other individuals. I messaged George numerous times and he was always quick to reply. I was paranoid about washing my hair too hard, so i visited the clinic free of charge around five times during the two weeks after where the technicians there washed my hair. On the fifth day after the surgery one of the technicians very carefully washed away all the scabs.

I would suggest anyone considering a transplant to stay around two weeks at the clinic they are doing it at as unfortunately i have seen individuals who have had the surgery done in foreign countries, leaving soon after, and then coming home and not knowing how to wash their hair. Unfortunately there have also been a lot of clinics that dont reply, leaving people wondering what to do. If you do have the surgery in a foreign country, please consider staying two weeks or so. The aftercare is just as important as the surgery itself. Right opposite the HDC clinic was an apartment complex that was just for patients of the surgery. I was quite surprised at how close it was, as it was literally only a few meters opposite the surgery.

Five days after Surgery

Name:	thumbnail-1.jpg

Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	63185Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-2.jpg

Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	63186

Results

At exactly two and a half months after the procedure the results started coming. This is at month 3

Name:	thumbnail-5.jpg

Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	63190Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-7.jpg

Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	63193

Month 4

Name:	thumbnail-4.jpg

Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	63189Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg

Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	63188Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-3.jpg

Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	63187Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-8.jpg

Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	63194

At four months there is already quite a substantial difference. To be honest i am already happy with the hairline which at four months seems to be quite quick. There is still a way to go in terms of results but I will hope for more growth in the months to come. I will post here at month eight or so. In terms of the experience at the clinic its strange but there is actually nothing more the clinic could have improved on. This is definitely something thats quiet rare but most importantly everyone always checked i was Ok. Thanks to the clinic.

The difference is definitely very noticeable. I'm glad for you mate.

Thank you for your kind words JarvisDel.

Here is a four and a half month update. These pictures were taken in a room with natural bright daylight. I am currently shaving the sides down to a number 2. To be honest the surgery was very well done because normally i find it hard to see any evidence of the surgery. I might try shaving the sides down to a 1.5 in future.

Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	63214Click image for larger version

Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	63215Click image for larger version

Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	63216

Great stuff! Welcome to the forum. HDC do great work - Keep us all updated as you continue to grow in. Grow well as exiting times ahead for you.
    Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi Helios,

Great rundown and glad it all went well.

The result looks fab. I'm interested to know if you take supplements or finasteride during the post op recovery? Are you looking at regular PRP?

Also, pre 2.5 months did you get shedding and when did you first noticed new hair growth? I have to say the hair looks remarkably thick for the 2.5-4 month mark - looks great!

I'm about 5 weeks post surgery. 3700 grafts on hairline and scalp. Pretty much all mine has shed so am waiting for the growth now!

Spex - Thank you for your kind words. Yes HDC are an excellent clinic. Most importantly, they are ethical which I think is the most important factor when it comes to choosing a hair transplant surgeon and clinic. I luckily could have gone anywhere in the world and chose them because they are arguably the most ethical clinic in Europe.

Gambitr17 - Thank you very much for your words. I have been using minoxidil 5% for years. I did use Finasteride 1MG but had to discontinue use due to side effects.

Yes I took pictures every few weeks. I had shed all the transplanted hair by approximetely 5-6 weeks after surgery. I actually didn’t notice any shedding even though I was looking for it. It was only after taking pictures around a month later that I realised all the transplanted hair had fallen. I had almost nothing on top at that point.

My hair regrowth began at exactly 2.5 months after Surgery.

Best of luck with your surgery and I hope you are happy with the results you get.

Update. Hair continues to fill in. Approaching the five month mark in a week or two. Pleased overall with results although my crown is an issue that will need filled in from a second operation. Currently unsure whether i will proceed with that at some point in future. Pictures of the front so far.

Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	63284Click image for larger version

Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	63285Click image for larger version

Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	63286

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Hello everyone. This is my first post on these forums. I would like to post the 4 month results of my FUE with Dr Maras at HDC clinic in Cyprus so far. I had a total of 3,069 grafts taken. The Surgery took place on two consecutive days. On the first day i had 1,522 Grafts taken. On the second day of the surgery i had 1,547 grafts taken.

About me

I am in my late twenties and was a Norwood 5 or 6 prior to surgery. I had been using various treatments for hairloss since i was 18 but around mid twenties these treatments started losing effect. I had been considering a Hair transplant for a number of years, but because it was surgery i knew i needed to do a lot of research into it first. Over the years i had unfortunately seen a lot of individuals with bad results from a transplant, so i waited on having a hair transplant until i had done all my research.

Pre operative Pictures:
    Attachment 63183Attachment 63191Attachment 63192

Why i chose FUE over FUT

As everyone knows, the main problem with FUT is the scar at the back. I knew that FUE also caused some scarring but because the scars were smaller and spread over a distance they were not so apparent. I knew that FUT had a higher yield than FUE, but ultimately i could not accept having a scar on the back , which is why i decide to have an FUE.

Why i Chose Dr Maras

Having been on the forums for a few years, i knew that choosing the right surgeon was the most important factor in having a good outcome. I had unfortunately seen quite a lot of bad surgeries done and i knew it was something you wanted to get right from the start. I was willing to travel anywhere in the world and luckily cost was not a huge factor. I reasoned that it would be better to pay a little more for a quality surgeon than risk a bad outcome as i had seen happen. Someone mentioned that choosing a surgeon was like playing russian roulette. I Could not agree with this more.

Obviously the main choices on the forums were either Dr Erdogan or Dr Bisanga. I narrowed my choices down to either Dr Erdogan, Dr Bisanga, Dr De Reys, Dr Maras, and Dr Fereduni. I also considered Hasson and Wong but because they seemed to specialize in FUT i could not consider them so much. There were a few reasons why i didnt choose the other surgeons but the main reason i didnt choose Dr Erdogan was that his clinic had advised me to proceed with a 5000 FUE in one session. This seemed incredibly risky to me, as I wondered what i would do if the surgery wasnt successful and I was in the nightmare situation other people have found themselves in where they have a bad outcome and no grafts left.

From what i remember, when i brought this up with the clinic they were still sure that 5000 FUE was the way to go. At this point, this just didnt seem ethical to me, and even though i had seen great results from Erdogan, it did not seem right to me, so i backed away. I also didnt want to be a number out of a thousand guys that went to the clinic. Obviously because Dr Erdogan was getting so many clients, i wondered how much attention was really paid to each individual.

George
    When i emailed HDC i spoke to their customer service advisor called George, who i had heard from other people on forums was very professional and polite. He seemed to be mentioned quite a lot. i found out everybody was correct. George was very helpful and answered every question i had in detail including an hour long phone call or so. he stated the benefits and risks of the surgery from the start, and told me what things to consider. It was clear from what i saw on other forums and speaking to George that the main concern at HDC was the long term result. He advised me that i would need two surgeries or so. One surgery on the the front half, and the other surgery on the other half. This seemed logical to me and the best way to approach the transplant. More importantly, at no point did he try to persuade me to choose the clinic, in fact he repeatedly stated the risks and rewards of the procedure from the start. This for me was the kind of surgeon and clinic i was looking for. I had no doubt that George was one of the main contributing factors for why people chose HDC as his customer service skills were top.

Dr Maras

I had seen his results on a number of forums and it was evident he was highly skilled, especially at the hairline. His work was very clean. Dr Maras was trained by Dr Cole, who apparently also trained Dr Bisanga. Dr Maras was also able to do both FUE and FUT so it was obvious he knew what he was doing.

The Surgery

On the day of the surgery i met with Dr Maras who was very professional and he really did not have to say much for you to know he had done this kind of surgery a million times. I had no doubt i was in the presense of a world class surgeon. We agreed on a high mature hairline, with density on the front half of my head. He stated that i would likely need two surgeries or so, and he stated the primary concern was saving as much of the donor grafts as possible. After that pictures were taken from all angles and it was time for surgery

The surgery itself was more straightforward than a lot of people seemed to make it. Throughout the surgery everybody there was very professional and checking to see if if i was OK. From what i remember, Dr Maras himself did most of the extractions and the incisions himself, while the technicians did the rest of the extractions and inplantation. i am sure i also had another hair transplant surgeon do part of the extractions as well and she was great, so definitely was in good hands.

In terms of pain, the procedure was quite tolerable. it stung a bit when the injections for the anesthetic were put but the anesthesiologist was checking i was ok all the time. i also had some pain during the extractions but i simply told Dr Maras and he applied more anesthetic. the technicians were excellent and also asking if i was Ok. By the end of the two days i was very tired from the surgery. The duration of the surgery isnt easy.

For a couple of days after the surgery i was mostly fine, but afterwards i started getting pain and discomfort where the grafts were extracted. I also had to be careful not to damage the grafts. the discomfort got quite bad and it was itching alot. Of course George was there to reassure me, and that definitely helped. after the first week or two of alot of frustration for not getting much sleep, the discomfort faded.

Immediately Post Surgery
    Attachment 63184

After care/Washing/Post Op

This was the part i have to admit that i paid almost zero attention to prior to surgery and i was lucky i was at HDC. A few days after the surgery i was told to gently wash my hair and the grafts. The problem is i wasnt sure exactly how gentle. I knew that washing too hard could have caused grafts to fall out and i also knew washing too gently would have created scabbing which, if not taken care of would have also caused loss of grafts. i had seen these scenarios happen to other individuals. I messaged George numerous times and he was always quick to reply. I was paranoid about washing my hair too hard, so i visited the clinic free of charge around five times during the two weeks after where the technicians there washed my hair. On the fifth day after the surgery one of the technicians very carefully washed away all the scabs.

I would suggest anyone considering a transplant to stay around two weeks at the clinic they are doing it at as unfortunately i have seen individuals who have had the surgery done in foreign countries, leaving soon after, and then coming home and not knowing how to wash their hair. Unfortunately there have also been a lot of clinics that dont reply, leaving people wondering what to do. If you do have the surgery in a foreign country, please consider staying two weeks or so. The aftercare is just as important as the surgery itself. Right opposite the HDC clinic was an apartment complex that was just for patients of the surgery. I was quite surprised at how close it was, as it was literally only a few meters opposite the surgery.

Five days after Surgery
    Attachment 63185Attachment 63186

Results

At exactly two and a half months after the procedure the results started coming. This is at month 3
    Attachment 63190Attachment 63193

Month 4
    Attachment 63189Attachment 63188Attachment 63187Attachment 63194

At four months there is already quite a substantial difference. To be honest i am already happy with the hairline which at four months seems to be quite quick. There is still a way to go in terms of results but I will hope for more growth in the months to come. I will post here at month eight or so. In terms of the experience at the clinic its strange but there is actually nothing more the clinic could have improved on. This is definitely something thats quiet rare but most importantly everyone always checked i was Ok. Thanks to the clinic.
    Hello my friend, my situation is also seeming like yours. I think that it is better to get 2 hair transplant for me too. But I think to go to Turkey rather Cyprus. When should you do your second HT after your first HT?

A week short of the 5 month mark.

Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	63312

William Santana, If I have another hair transplant it likely wont be for another year or so in order to fully evaluate the results of the first transplant.

I also considered Turkey and Belgium as I think I mentioned in my introduction post, but after months and months of research i decided on HDC clinic in Cyprus instead of Turkey and Belgium because to me they seemed to be the most trustworthy and ethical. At the clinic they really care about you and consider your long term future as the most important factor. My experience at the clinic and the support they gave me every step was beyond excellent.

I would strongly encourage you to at least email the clinic in Cyprus with your pictures and see what they say, because my experience there was incredible. Wish you all the best with your operations.

5 month update

Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	63341Click image for larger version

Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	63342