+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Famous people balding

Lets start a list of famous people going through the agony of balding like the rest of us. The list should only include people that are in the process of balding.

I'll start with the first 2 contributions:

Ashton Kutcher
    David Beckham

jason statham

prince william

guys!

don't forget these guys are going through this hair downer just as much as we are, not sure this initial thread helps anyone, just a bit to much mocking.

57mph

Quote Originally Posted by 57mph View Post
    guys!

don't forget these guys are going through this hair downer just as much as we are, not sure this initial thread helps anyone, just a bit to much mocking.

57mph
    I actually agree

These guys might be affected but they might just think ah well ceste la vie. If we all accepted it and moved on with life I think we would be so much happier. Its comforting knowing you arent alone with these forums but there comes a point when we all have to find acceptance or find our own battle plan and move on with life. I would hate to think in twenty years time I have sat inside and did nothing because of hair loss... pretty sad existence

[QUOTE=imbaldinglikeamofo;14310]Lets start a list of famous people going through the agony of balding like the rest of us. The list should only include people that are in the process of balding.

I'll start with the first 2 contributions:

Ashton Kutcher
    David Beckham[/QUO
    does this make u feel better about your situation..?making fun of other people who are afflicted with this condition.I know how crappy and insecure i feel i cant imagine having to deal with it in a public forum....

this situation can be negative enough dont add to it!!

Nicolas Cage
    Donald Trump
    Fergie
    The Rock

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    does this make u feel better about your situation..?making fun of other people who are afflicted with this condition.I know how crappy and insecure i feel i cant imagine having to deal with it in a public forum....

this situation can be negative enough dont add to it!!
    I don't believe anyone is making fun of anybody here. I imagine a lot of people, even those of us not terribly interested in the lives of celebrities, find a certain level of comfort in knowing that the rich and famous -- who often depend on their looks for their livelihoods -- are sharing the same struggles we are. It can be interesting to see how they deal with it.

I've faced disagreement on this in the past, but I believe that celebs choose to be in the public eye, are rewarded massively for this, and welcome attention when it helps them amass more wealth; so they must accept it when their flaws are aired in public. It's part of the life they chose. Is it really such a big deal when those of us tucked away in hairloss forums decide to shine the light on them and their scalps?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

It might help some people psychologically but it does nothing to make our situation any better. I don't care if an A list actor has surgery or wears a hairpiece. Honestly it's their business.
    I don't think people who are suffering from prostate cancer are outing celebrities who have the same condition. Just because a person is in the public eye doesn't mean he's lost his right to privacy.
    Rather than a bunch of gossipy posts about celebrities I would rather see post about scientific and medical ways to help hair loss sufferers.
    Last edited by mlao; 08-06-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: too long

Hi, as someone who runs a balding celebrities blog, I thought I should maybe try and explain my reasons. Some people will always view this sort of thing as an invasion of privacy and I while I don't expect to change anyones mind I did want to put my side across. This may be a slightly long and rambling stream of consciousness type post and for that I apologise in advance.

First off I think that it is completely natural for a man experiencing hair loss to look around and compare himself to others, and celebrities are an obvious and easy reference point. I do it myself, and the number of posts about balding celebrities on forums and such tells me a lot of others do it too.
    I remember when I was younger, in the days before the internet. I would see people on tv and compare their balding patterns to each other, and to what may eventually happen to me. Now with the vast amount of media available it is much easier to do this sort of thing.

I believe that is partly down to those in the public eye that we normal men are under such pressure to have unrealistic perfect hair. Some feel this pressure more than others, but if I were a balding man in my teens/early 20s trying and unable to find a girlfriend, I would feel some resentment to those celebrities whose hair is basically a lie.
    I must admit the number of cover-ups in the entertainment industry has shocked me slightly, and the non-balding general public probably have no idea. I remember being a child and thinking that people like Terry Wogan and Bruce Forsyth had lots of hair but weird hairstyles (they both wear pieces, for you non-uk people).
    While I don't believe in 'outing' as such, I think celebrities do need to show a bit more honesty when it come to hair loss.

Like Spencer I am appalled by some of what goes on in this industry and the misinformation, unethical doctors, snake oil treatments etc. I think he is an excellent ambassador for the hair loss community and applaud his efforts. Occasionally people contact me and I do my best to educate them about what options are available to them as hair loss sufferers, and I direct them to sites such as this.

While on my site I may occasionally take the piss out of a celebrity, it will never be directly because of their baldness.
    Balding in my view can be an insidious undignified process which sadly every man has to face at some point, and I find it hard to come terms with that. I long for the day when a balding head is seen for what it is - perfectly normal and natural.

Thank you for listening.